[Phaser] Runaway Ruins

phantomas

Hi, everyone!

I just have uploaded my brand-new game:

kqHwKKE.jpg?1

It´s a very fast running game.

I had to squeeze out all the power of Phaser 2.2, because I have used 3 parallax scrolling backgrounds, a paralax foreground (earthquake effect) and all the moving elements (you know: cliffs, totems, dragons, birds, etc). The speed keeps increasing every second you play until you die. Anyway, I think the performance is quite acceptable even on slow devices.

eji7ir7.jpg?1

9gMDg2v.jpg?1

So guys, if you leave me some feedback it would be very nice.

Thanks!!

nicely done. not sure if there are some unfair jumps or if I just didn't know how to handle them. when a block is directly in front of a large gap, how is the player supposed to cross this? I tried combinations of the two buttons, but did not see an obvious solution.

marcgfx, when you have that problem the solution is to go down and then jump just when you are going to fall:

gBABsG8.jpg?1

Stopped dead in my tracks at the very start -- view ad wouldn't produce the ad -- so play stopped, I bailed out.  Still haven't seen the game.  Possibly never will now.  So...

Recommendation:  hold off on the 'view ad' bit until the user has had a taste of the game.

Stopped dead in my tracks at the very start -- view ad wouldn't produce the ad -- so play stopped, I bailed out.  Still haven't seen the game.  Possibly never will now.  So...

Recommendation:  hold off on the 'view ad' bit until the user has had a taste of the game.

This is maybe because you´re using AdBlock, so when the add is going to display... it crashes. 

I will talk to the site to notify the issue.