Is it possible to exclude objects from export in Blender?

michi

Hi michi - welcome to the BJS forum.

As JCP says just "export current layer only". Never had a problem with JCP's exporter - it does a nice job.

Sometimes, that current layer can be complex and I want to hide some specific items to monitor how the building of other items is going. I could move those items I want to hide temporarily  to another layer but you can also use this little trick (see image below) - clicking on the camera icon besides the object so that is greyed out. Those objects will be exported - but be invisible

One thing I do sometimes wish for is "exported selected layers only" - so that the choice is not just one or all layers.

cheers, gryff :)

post-7026-0-09766100-1434724778.png

One thing I do sometimes wish for is "exported selected layers only" - so that the choice is not just one or all layers.

Sorry, have higher priorities right now.  Am exploring how to get procedural textures exported.  Gave up on the mapping of Blender procedurals to BJS's.  Never going to work.

Baking looking feasible so far.  Still operating the Blender user interface to produce.  Kind of slow & a lot of flashing of different layout combos while it builds.  Thought at first something was wrong, but realized Blender must be trying different layouts to map the object.  As part of a script, do not think anything will be visible though, except maybe the bake progress bar.

Suppose that now I know how to do it, I could just take care of my needs.  There are extra steps to do if you wish to keep it out of the exporter though.  You then have to delete the procedural textures & add the file.  Also means you lose the ability to refine & re-generate.post-8492-0-31037200-1434757155.png

Sorry, have higher priorities right now.

That's OK Jeff - just something I wish for now and again when I have a complex scene like the Christmas Village I built a while back

As for Procedural textures - not something I use much, but good luck with it.

When I use the "baking" process - most likely to bake from a highpoly (subdivided) mesh to a lowpoly (one I export) mesh.

FYI,

I changed from active layer only to selected layers only.  Know this small python function means nothing to you, but you might not be only reader.

def isInSelectedLayer(self, obj, scene):        if not self.export_onlySelectedLayer:            return True                for l in range(0, len(scene.layers)):            if obj.layers[l] and scene.layers[l]:                return True        return False

The basic decision making plumbing about baking is complete.  Now for the Blender specific python API calls.  Will be a while before only selected layers shows up.  Not putting out by itself, & .babylon exporter is down stream of TOB from a development standpoint.

• 1 year later...

No they are not the same. If you notice the exporter : "io_export_babylon.py" was last updated 3 months ago. Ver 5.0.5 was last updated 18 days ago.  When installing 5.0.5 just point the "Install From File" to the zip file itself - no need to unzip it.

Oh, yes! Sorry. I see now that it is the archive "Blender2Babylon-5.0.zip". I unziped it but I didn't saw "io_export_babylon.py" in it. I did not know that I can install from .zip. I delected "io_export_babylon.py" file, restarted Blender, and Installed this exporter from zip. I tryed it on SandBox, It is works! Thanks :)