absolute beginners Tutorial

rungo73

Hi,

I've come here from As3 and  Flixel but am a complete newb in terms of html5 development.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a begnners tutorial for phaser? and perhaps API documentation?

I've gone through the basic steps on the Phaser.io site and have got the logo spinning. but now Im after next steps. Specifically I'm after info on best practices, project structure etc

My next goal is to get a sprite mvoing around, then animate it.

Any help, guidance would be very much appreciated.

My advice is to wait for the first release that has official docs.  That should be release 1.07 and should come pretty soon, as in probably a small number of days.  There is code out there now that you can use, but the creator of Phaser, Rich, is making a few improvements and tweaks still, and I expect they want a stable release to make docs for.

Don't get me wrong, you COULD start now - some people are.  But it sounds like you ought to wait for 1.07.  I myself am waiting for this.

Don't get me wrong, you COULD start now - some people are.  But it sounds like you ought to wait for 1.07.  I myself am waiting for this.

BTW I was waiting the same way for 1.0 release now for 1.1 ... :D

So @rungo73

My advice is start building your game get stuck, check the code, the forum and skip or go around the problem. Then when new phaser version comes out , update.

After update go check if the problem/bug is fixed and also check the change log for other useful changes. ;)

And also inspect the examples and try to code your aim similar to the sample,.