Babylon.js October Challenge - We'll build a maze!

RaananW

Ok here's a dilemma I currently have, the collision is appearing to work on only 1 'side' on each 'plane' http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#UYUQQ#7 You cant walk through the middle bit from the inside but can from the outside, wheres the right side you can walk from the inside but not the outside, is this down to the way I've created the ribbon?

@EJanuszewski

The collision system is using the normals, seems like the collision works both ways on double-sided ribbons - http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#UYUQQ#10 . Might be the answer you were looking for :-)

@MasterSplinter

I know you can host on google drive for free (some have done that in the past already). Would be the first place I would try. If you can't find, send me a zip instead of a link, I will host it on my server with pleasure.

Well I PMed Raanan my effort which will get displayed at Raanan's own schedule.

Just one comment as Raanan may not tell you - once in the "maze" hitting the "I" key allows you to "cheat". The maze is actually 4 "submazes" that are connected and each "I" key hit takes you to the next submaze. But think about what you are doing - because even then you can still get lost :o

cheers, gryff :)

• 1 year later...

Ok new github links for my maze entry in the contest

1 Full Maze - includes an intro to watch with music, an animated book, a wizard and his hell hound.

2 Maze (no intro) - four 5x5 mazes connected by gates and stairs. The parts were built in Blender and the maze constructed from instances using BJS and a script.

You can jump between the four mazes by pressing the I key on the keyboard if you can't figure out how to open some gates ;)

I hope the other contestants mazes are still available.. It was a fun contest :)

On 2017-05-18 at 9:52 PM, brianzinn said:

I am super lost in the maze!

@brianzinn: Well brian, the maze is not that hard. There are 4 sections connected by gates and stairs. Each section is just a little 5x5 block of cells (see image below - simple huh?) with an entry and exit gate at diagonally opposed corners (except for the starting cell where you are at the exit gate. If the gates with no lever are causing you problems - maybe close the gate behind you (hint) ;)

5cells.png