Who's using Intel XDK, and how is it working out for you?

Paolo Di Stefano

Worked fine for me (no issues) - but I had low expectations, just wrap the game and go - and I didn't want to make any advanced integrations.

Performance was as expected (via Crosswalk) with the game running at similar performance to an accelerated canvas in Chrome.  Sound was good, input was good, fonts were good (via CreateJS).

Main criticism I'd raise is filesize.  A Crosswalk build gets big quick (>30MB).  That's not an XDK complaint, but just a general complaint about hybrid apps and inconsistent webviews (needing Crosswalk to resolve).

Next projects - I would always double check CocoonJS.

Publish 2 games with Intel XDK and one with ionic.

- number 1 to 100 is ionic.

- other are deployed with crosswalk.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=VohoGames

- if the game contains pyhics, croswalk is a must. it s not about wrappers.

- if there is a sound, ( i cant remember right now) crosswalk version 8 -9 had some problems.

i tried to use ionic with crosswalk, it didnt work as intel xdk, i dont know why.

10x10 game requires permissions which i didnt add, checked the configs jsons everything but could not find any text about them. 

My only concern is about xdk builds app on cloud, that may be the root  of problems. 

Lastly, 

i used ionic for 5 apps, runs great, easy to use but Phaser game it didnt give what i expected.

And also, xdk simplifies deploying process ( signing process, arm x86 arch etc.)

just my 2 cents :)