Stuttering/Juddering motion of sprites

mountainstorm

I've just ported the key bit of a game I'm working on from HaxePunk to Phaser and am having a problem.  As my main sprite moves it stutters, judders and in general does not move with the silky smooth motion I am expecting.

You can have a look at it in action here: http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/test/ZD/

I've tried both Chrome and Safari on OSX and both seem to have the same issue.  I've also tried commenting out more the code (so it just moves the sprite at a programmed constant rate) and it's still not smooth.

I've also tried playing around with calculating the motion based on elapsedMS, elapsed and physicsElapsed and none seem to make much difference.

My CPU only runs at about 20%, so I'm kind of at a loss as to whats going wrong.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I've spent more time reading info of the evidently persistent problem of HTML5 stuttering and profiling techniques.  Strange thing is, I'm not getting jank; at least on my main dev machine; and in fact nothing appears to be causing it ... I'm rather confused and disappointed in HTML5 [not Phaser, very impressed with that].