Great Particle Effects with NeutrinoParticles

Yuriy Miroshnyk

Hi, guys.

I just moved to public beta with my particle effects editor - NeutrinoParticles (https://neutrinoparticles.com/)

It is the editor created specially for game developers and it provides great set of tools to construct spectacular effects.

Also, it has export to HTML5 source code, so any project which uses 2d canvas or WebGL for rendering can use exported effects.

There is a live gallery with effects on the site where you can check out possibilities of the editor.

Now I'm working on video tutorials, so if you are interested subscribe to newsletter to keep in touch.

I will be very glad to hear any feedback from you.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/neutrinoparticles/

https://twitter.com/NeutrinoPart

https://plus.google.com/b/109597505403847347311/

Edited by Yuriy Miroshnyk
WebGL support added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The editor is awesome :) although it took a some time to figure out how everything is working i had alot of fun.

For the next game that uses some fancy particles i will definitly try to use Neutrino Particles, hopefully i can build a plugin for Construct 2. Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, Daikrys said:

The editor is awesome :) although it took a some time to figure out how everything is working i had alot of fun.

For the next game that uses some fancy particles i will definitly try to use Neutrino Particles, hopefully i can build a plugin for Construct 2. Keep up the good work!

Thank you :) I'm keep working. Next one will be wizard-helper to create and modify very fast and simple emitter's scheme. It should significantly decrease complexity for starters.

3 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Gallery has some very nice effects, well done!

do you also have an example that is integrated in phaser?

Thanks. And no. Unfortunately I had no time yet to integrate the library to popular engines. But there is a guy on the forum on the site, which is trying to do so with Phaser.js. I hope he will deal with that soon.

12 hours ago, simplemagik said:

Great tool! But pricing policy seems a bit frustrating to me. I would prefer to pay full price and don't worry about export packs at all

Thanks. Consider such policy as payment for export service, something like daily payment. So, you can download the tool, create effects, learn how to use it for free, but pay only for exporting. I had several reasons to do so. But maybe in the future everything will change. It is only BETA. And it is still totally free ;)

On 07/03/2016 at 6:42 PM, Yuriy Miroshnyk said:

Thanks. And no. Unfortunately I had no time yet to integrate the library to popular engines. But there is a guy on the forum on the site, which is trying to do so with Phaser.js. I hope he will deal with that soon.

Hi Yuriy and Jazz,  I think I'm that guy!

I didn't quite promise anything and right now it's looking like I'd have to need it to finish it.  To complicate matters, a full Phaser integration might not be the most optimal, it's very efficient by itself.  I got it running on canvas and webGL (with 1 known issue that's probably fixable with a little googling).  There is some work required on the neutrino side for the colour tinting, which is probably the biggest stumbling block as you really want to the colouring effects you see in the editor to happen in your client.

I also bodged it into my current app which runs a modified Phaser so not the best starting point for a general purpose Phaser plugin.  Probably best if I fix the 1 issue I have then get it working on a standard Phaser particle example and share that as it will at least be a runnable starting point for others to play with.

5 hours ago, stupot said:

Hi Yuriy and Jazz,  I think I'm that guy!

I didn't quite promise anything and right now it's looking like I'd have to need it to finish it.  To complicate matters, a full Phaser integration might not be the most optimal, it's very efficient by itself.  I got it running on canvas and webGL (with 1 known issue that's probably fixable with a little googling).  There is some work required on the neutrino side for the colour tinting, which is probably the biggest stumbling block as you really want to the colouring effects you see in the editor to happen in your client.

I also bodged it into my current app which runs a modified Phaser so not the best starting point for a general purpose Phaser plugin.  Probably best if I fix the 1 issue I have then get it working on a standard Phaser particle example and share that as it will at least be a runnable starting point for others to play with.

Hi, stupot.

Sorry if it looked like I'm pushing you to do that with my hopes. I didn't mean that.

About coloring. Yeah. I'm still thinking about best solution to do not drown performance.

Thanks for your work.

• 2 years later...

hi! uh, can you make a particle effect creator that lets you make minecraft-like particle fx? the fx are very pixely in look and i want to make minecraft-like particle fx for stuff :)

best wishes, Aaron

P.S. heres a example of the effects i wanna make (btw i grabbed this from the internet just trying to make it easier for u to recognize the type of work i want to make)

509c8245c5956.jpg

Edited by BluAetherium
better details

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I am currently taking your tutorials and trying to learn how to use this Neutrino system but i have a question... How can i place an image in the back ground like you did for the camp fire, so that the effects that im changing are not just seen on a flat colour but rather on an actual image? also is there a way to change the opacity of the whole effect ? maybe these can be included in your next tutorial videos ? 

Thank you

On 4/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, Miguela said:

Hi, 

I am currently taking your tutorials and trying to learn how to use this Neutrino system but i have a question... How can i place an image in the back ground like you did for the camp fire, so that the effects that im changing are not just seen on a flat colour but rather on an actual image? also is there a way to change the opacity of the whole effect ? maybe these can be included in your next tutorial videos ? 

Thank you

Hi,

You can put reference image to the background by adding it to the scene. See attached images 01 - 02.

And yes, you can change properties of the effect from the target application. You need to have emitter property to be able to change the value. Short steps are:

1. In Emitter Guide click three dots on a value and choose 'Emitter property'.

2. Name it somehow.

3. Export the effect.

4. In your app for the effect use effect.setPropertyInAllEmitters('MyCoolProperty', 0.5) to set the property in all emitters.

I definitely need new tutorial on that :)

Thanks

01.png

02.png