ShaderBuilder alpha version

NasimiAsl

@NasimiAsl, yes done. Vertex shader are really powerfull ! I knew it, but need a lot of abstraction 

@jerome said  : 

CPU side == easy logic implementation (context data, forces, physics, AI, etc), no multithreaded computations, so less fast

GPU side == ultra fast pure geometry computation, less  or quite no logic handling.

He's right !  I think I succeed to code this vertex shader because I previously coded a cpu 'normal bjs version' of what i need.. So it was 'quite' easy to compare, perform some test, experiment. Firefox shader inspector helps me a lot, for live coding even if sometime I loose time due to 'bugs' firefox or me, sure firefox ! . 

I will put soon a demo online.

If the CPU is the "big oven"... the GPU is the microwave oven, eh?  Only use code in there... that is GPU (microwave) -safe, right?  Things cook FAST in there.  heh

Hi guys.  I started doing simple play on the laser scanner PG from Naz (nasimiAsl). 

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1TYWYB#11

This tests the difference of plane vs. ground... when using shaderBuilder materials. 

Using the mydim variable (sometimes "y", sometimes "z"), I was able to adjust the pretty material... so that it properly maps-onto both planes and grounds. 

Just for fun, there is a "fun knob" variable in this demo.  Adjust funknob and hit RUN again... see if you can make Naz's shaderBuilder go insane.  :)  Fun!  Line 53 is where mydim and funknob are used.  Bird poop code.  There is much math in those lines, and that makes it look like a bird pooped there.  :D  It scares my dog, but what is new, there?  My dog is scared of everything.

Yup, shaderBuilder is quite a different approach.  It makes shaders easier to learn, too.  CYOS, shaderStore, and shaders-in-script-tags... they are all good things, too.  ShaderBuilder fits-in nicely.  Our shader toolbox is getting well-stocked with power tools!  That material is beautiful... with all that soft-edge dithering and wonderful curves.  How does it DO that?  It's... magic.  There's a wizard nearby, I just KNOW it.  I can taste the faerie dust in the air.  heh

Can you believe it?  Wingnut, easily doing some shader coding in this playground?  A shader with a fun knob!  That knob could be attached to a cosine animator in the render loop.  I could animate the values of a shader!  ME!  Wow!  I am SO proud of myself (and thanks to Naz, too)! 

I think I will call my mother and tell her what I did. :)