timaleon.com - multiplayer space shooter

Anton Ianiuk

Hi all,

I want to share my first HTML5 game with you - http://timaleon.com.

It is an easy to play, online multiplayer space shooter where you destroy everything you see, upgrade your spaceship and cooperate with other players.

Here is a youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpYJTP5izp8

There are currently game servers in Germany and USA, next thing I want to do is automatic location detection.

I would like to get some feedback from you on what can be added or changed in the game.

Many thanks!

screenshot2.png

Looks nice! I didn't really do any upgrading or anything but I managed to get 7000 points and held first place for a while. It was cool that there were some others online. One thing that I didn't understand was the yellow and green ammunition (?) items you could pick up. Maybe in the controls you could list those and their purpose. Some music would also be a good touch. Overall it's looking good!

Hi,

I am going to add global highscores, so that if you are #1 your result will not disappear until someone beats you :)

Green and yellow powerups are intended to increase speed and weapon. I agree it's hard to understand. Will improve this!

Music is a very good idea, thank you! 

I agree with @rgk I didn't do any upgrading but there is space for a more challenging enemy.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the game. It's simple and straight forward fun. Just jump in with everyone and start shooting together. The co-op space is really good in HTML5 games like this. Keep it going :D

On 10.6.2016 at 6:57 PM, rgk said:

Awesome game, it seemed a little easy though if you just sat back the whole time. Maybe more enemies? Ones that shoot. Also throw some textures on the ships and targets. Maybe a skinning system like agar.io

In all honesty though, great job!

Hi rgk,

thanks for the feedback!

Enemies that shoot - will definitely add this, some small flying objects and big bosses.

Textures - yes! :) I am also thinking to add flags, so that you choose your country at the beginning.

So much fun man! Good job :)

1. If you shot the asteroid that exploded and killed them you get points for that 
  2. Rotating your ship using your mouse just like slither.io
  3. Make shooting be your left click button
  4. There is literally no point to killing small asteroids because the big ones give you almost 1000 points while small ones give you about 270
  5. Give the game some character! Add some sprite images for the asteroids and ships