[SOLVED] GM:S Virtual Keys and the Mobility Engine

-AAG-

Have anyone successfully added virtual keys ( virtual_key_add () ) to their games powered by the Mobility Engine. I asked Mathew and his answer was beyond disappointing. I want to make this platform game work well on mobile and tablet. PC shouldn't be a problem because of keyboards. It actually works fine now on a perfect fit screen with multi-touch and everything. But if it scales up to much then the keys position get messed up.

Any help?

You can easily code your own "virtual buttons".

Sure, but I don't need virtual buttons, I need virtual keys that simulate keyboard key presses. I also made it clear that I needed multi-touch.

Anyways, display_set_gui_size() seem to have done the trick. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I already took a look at it. It sure looks good. I might try later if something gets on the piggy bank. For now the Mobility Engine serves all my needs but maybe i'll need some of the extra features on the future. My piggy bank is also on a very sad state  :(

Ah, some good old fashioned competitor bashing. Refreshing!  ;)

I've replied to all your emails. 

I've also sold several licenses for games made with JCHTML5. I even won the Clay.io "Got Game?" competition with my buddy Austin, using JCHTML5. It's certainly ready for commercial work.

Only 1 of the 19 buyers of my engine seem to be have experienced your problem. That person is you. That one person also happens to be the creator of the Mobility Engine.

I'm curious. Being the creator of the Mobility Engine, why are you choosing to use JCHTML5 for your clients? (As you stated on the GMC)

> Ah, some good old fashioned competitor bashing. Refreshing!  [ ;)]

It's almost as bad as searching threads that mention 'Mobility Engine' and spamming your own engine, huh? Or as bad as copying my product in the first place? Or as bad as using content ripped directly from my site to sell your own product?

Yeah, let's have that conversation.

> Only 1 of the 19 buyers of my engine seem to be have experienced your problem. That person is you.

That shouldn't come as surprise given that out of your 19 buyers, I've tested it the most extensively, I'm the most familiar with HTML5 mobile display functionality, and I do this full-time for a living. I've sent you dozens of screenshots and videos demonstrating various problems to help you improve the engine. I bet your other 19 buyers didn't have a clue about any of those issues either.

> I'm curious. Being the creator of the Mobility Engine, why are you choosing to use JCHTML5 for your clients? (As you stated on the GMC)

Already answered elsewhere. I'm not. I don't see why you insist on asking me the same question in three separate threads (but then again, it's pretty obvious why).

TV - you shouldn't bash your biggest fan! He is not copying your content, he is just "sharing".

TV - you shouldn't bash your biggest fan! He is not copying your content, he is just "sharing".

What I am doing is providing many more features, for half the price of the Mobility Engine.

I do not own, nor have never owned, his Mobility Engine. Some of my customers have, and if JCHTML5 was just a copy of TV's engine I'm sure they would have noticed and complained by now. They are quite happy with my engine :)

TV claims I copied his engine, but provides no evidence whatsoever. Even when he accused me of, quote, "dozens of copyright offences", he never did reveal what those were. I asked him at least 3 times.

You copied the Mobility Engine by creating a product that does the same thing as my engine. Maybe if you didn't steal content directly from my website and use it on your own sales page (word for word) you might be able to claim that isn't true. We've been over this, Sam. If you want to keep bringing this stuff up, maybe you should include some accurate context next time.

So did Dan Johnston (mHTML5 Optimized). You can't expect to be the only person to develop and sell an engine. You weren't the first, and neither of us will be the last. GameMaker creates games. Construct 2 creates games. Did GameMaker copy Construct 2 or vise-versa?

The only thing that was very similar was the terms and conditions, which I admitted to basing of yours, but they were not the same word for word. Terms and conditions are by nature very similar, because they are to do with the law, and the law should not be ambiguous. All T&Cs are basically the same.

Here are the original terms and conditions for comparison:

Mobility Engine: "By purchasing a Mobility Engine license, you agree to the following: “You may not distribute the engine, or a variant of it, including the source code of any games you make that utilize any parts of the engine. You may not resell it or provide access to it for anyone, nor detail its workings to others. You may not use the code or assets included in the engine in any projects except your own. Each copy of the engine is specially tagged with ownership properties.”

JCHTML5: "By purchasing a JCHTML5 Engine license, you agree to the following terms:
  • You may not distribute the engine, or any variant of the engine. This includes source code from any games or software you create that use the engine or parts of it.
  • You may not resell the engine, provide access to the engine to others, or detail its workings to others.
  • You may not use code or assets from the engine in any projects other than your own.
Piracy: To deter piracy, each copy of the JCHTML5 engine is digitally tagged with ownership properties.

As you can clearly see, this is not word-for word as TV states. You disagreed with these anyway, so I changed them immediately. 

Again, for the nth time, please provide the dozens of direct copyright offences you then claimed.

I'm all for competition. Mobility Engine sales make up a very small slice of my monthly revenue, so I don't see your engine as some big threat to my income. But let's not sit here and pretend JCHTML5 isn't a blatant copy of the Mobility Engine. You're not fooling anyone.

You keep saying.

Is mHTML5 Optimized a blatant copy of the Mobility Engine? Is a Toyota a blatant copy of a Ferrari?