[WIP] All pirates must fall

cruzlutor

I'm excited to show you guys my first HTML5 phaser game!

You can play here cruzlutor.com/games/pirates

It's a minesweeper permadeath game, full inspired in runestone kepper and dungelot, you need to find the key and the door at each level, use tap to attack and hold tap to get enemy or item information.

The game is still in development, but you can play the first 9 levels, the game is for mobile and web, for test reasons you can see the FPS counter at the corner

Please feel free to give me your feedback

You can get more information about the game in cruzlutor.com [spanish]

pirates-1.pngpirates-2.png

The game looks nice (like the artwork) but I don't understand the rules. You said it's like minesweeper, but all I did was click every square (and didn't die). What means an X on a square? Because I can click on it afterwards and nothing happens. Also, what means "1" next to a pirate's head? I understand it's the number of times you have to click, but you lose lifes for doing it?

That will be explained in the tutorial, you can only destroy light gray blocks, the  X" in the block means that a pirate is defending the area.
The pirates have 2 numbers, damage and health, when you attack the pirates they lose health equal to your damage.
As I told you, the idea is to explain all this in a litle tutorial.

Thanks for play it : )!

The graphics look nice, although a bit uneven, I mean some is chunky pixelart and some is higher resolution (the girl picture). Both are good art style but it's better not to combine the two.

And I also don't understand the gameplay, I just click open all the boxes and then go to the next level. A tutorial is definitely needed.

Also there a bug with the language selection. After I change the "idiom" to English, the main menu is English, and if I choose "continue" then it works. However when I choose "new game" it's back to Spanish. (I played on Chrome, Windows 10)

On 6/5/2016 at 5:38 AM, BdR said:

Also there a bug with the language selection. After I change the "idiom" to English, the main menu is English, and if I choose "continue" then it works. However when I choose "new game" it's back to Spanish. (I played on Chrome, Windows 10)

Yes, that is because when you select a new game all game session data is deleted, but is a good suggestion to keep some settings after create a new game

• 3 weeks later...