Shaking & blinking background experience in example games

woratana

Hello :)

I tried installing Phaser on localhost and tested example games.

Breakout and Tanks game background seems to be shaking all the times (tested in Mac OS Chrome and Firefox).

In Chrome, I also experience blinking background in both games.

What is the cause of this issue and is it possible to fix this in the current version of Phaser?

*UPDATE* After I tried other demos, it seems to be 'Tiling Sprite' that cause the problem. Not sure if it is problem with hardware?

*UPDATE 2* Just download latest version of Phaser and this problem should disappear. :)

I wonder if it's because they scroll to non-integer values. Could you try this in the Tanks code for me:

land.tilePosition.x = -game.camera.x;    land.tilePosition.y = -game.camera.y;// just stick this after it:land.tilePosition.x = Math.round(land.tilePosition.x);land.tilePosition.y = Math.round(land.tilePosition.y);

I wonder if it's because they scroll to non-integer values. Could you try this in the Tanks code for me:

land.tilePosition.x = -game.camera.x;    land.tilePosition.y = -game.camera.y;// just stick this after it:land.tilePosition.x = Math.round(land.tilePosition.x);land.tilePosition.y = Math.round(land.tilePosition.y);

Tried this, didn't help. 1.1.2 worked fine.

This is interesting, I just converted my project over to use a tiling sprite, and in WebGL the shaking is really bad, but not in Canvas mode.

I'm using 1.1.3 and this is happening.

The positions are not floats, it happens before any movement even happens.  I'll use canvas mode for the time being but I'd be interesting in seeing what's causing it in GL.