ZigZag

staff0rd

square-based-on-FB-622x622.png

ZigZag is a short, re-imagining of the classic Snake game - and another collab with @TM999.  Uses pixijs which I've become quite familiar with now, and is my first attempt at integrating matterjs.  I'm again using GSAP for all movement, and howlerjs for sound.

matterjs is in there for collision detection, but due to the nature of the game I don't need to update the physics every tick, rather I call an update on the engine only when the player performs an action.  I'm completely new to physics engines, and the static? structure of matterjs functions took a while to get up to speed, but once you get a feel for the library it works pretty well and seems quite performant. There is some glue required considering pixijs is responsible for the graphics scene tree, and matterjs is responsible for the bodies, but the end result is quite nice, so I do recommend others to try matterjs if you haven't already.

Play on Web

Play on iOS

Play on GooglePlay

screen-1-small.png screen-2-small.png screen-3-small.png screen-4-small.png

looks great on moderen browser

But , testing it on firefox 35.01 on ubuntu . the game is just blank . please test it

can you please tell more what was your process developing the game for the mobile ?

im not looking into pixi.js as cross platform engine for cross device development .

thanks

• 2 weeks later...