Why is BJS now mostly Typescript?

dbawel

I would good keep my opinions to me, I'm walking on eggshells every time. Whatever, I do not see that a wrong to say his opinons. I really like Babylon. Sometimes I want to contribute, but I'm not very comfortable with TS and not necessarily talented to contribute on a major engine. I think that TS has been chosen in part to attract contributors more talented rather than attract contributors beginner.

I remember the beginnings of Babylon when he came out. It was about developing a JavaScript engine for JavaScript love, it was a nice language and now I have the impression that it is a bad language, that those who use it have nothing understand even in the future, we're late, we can use it in 2 years or more, that TS is better. But there is no bad language for me. I don't like the languages 'compile', I prefer languages Web, PHP, JS and I use simple IDE as notePad++, faster to open and more direct , so I must have understood nothing and I'll stay late in this case because I don't use TS. 

Wingnut to reasons: attract other contributors more experiment to lose another category more amateur or comfortable with JS Hence the choice of TS. Yes JS is always present for users of the engine, so no problem since we are just user. But I still miss the days where everything was done in JavaScript because Babylon was built like that for love of the JavaScript, it was a great language and now it's TS which is great and JS a lot of default. So maybe I should stop my view project that JS is not a good choice. I ask myself questions while reading all the posts here, I made the right choice for my big project view HeroonEngine as JavaScript is despise by the developers.

I don't take any party, I'm not against or for. I'm just saying that there are no bad language, that's what I want to believe, the choices are made to attract a certain category of people, and not another, not because a language is better than another. We may be comfortable with one and not the other, it is not the language that we do not control, a shit. 

some are planning to contribute on an engine only, Babylon is a great choice, but everyone does not come to contribute, they're coming to create a project personal, commercial or not, using this engine (am I doing part of its people). And this small category of fans is despise by what it does not contributes. This isn't because it's open source that needs to contribute and it is not because it does not contribute that one must be despise or took high as @dbawel can be to take the decision to go. 

Sorry if my English is not very understandable.

23 hours ago, davrous said:

Well, I definitely think you're wrong. And you obviously don't know me when you're suggesting I'm living in my world ignoring your point of view supposed to represent our community. I'm reading your point of view but I think it's wrong. It's not facts based and not convincing at all.

I suspect you were talking to me, here, @davrous.  I didn't say you were ignoring my point of view.  I said you are ignoring the (somewhat huge) number of folks who avoid contributing.... due to TS dev env setup.  Hell, you just saw 3-4 of them (typescript shy-aways) in this thread alone.  Is the TS reluctance seen in this thread... "not facts based"?  "Not convincing"?

[or perhaps you are saying that those fears are unwarranted?  likely true]

What would it take to convince you?  If we physically counted all the "Shy-away from PR" comments in the forum, would THAT help?  I don't want to blow smoke up your ass, dav.  I want to report what I have seen... as accurately as possible... to you.  But, in-kind, please own-up to the shy-aways that you have seen... IF you have seen them.

If you haven't seen the (many) "rejection comments" to "Can you submit a PR?", then there MUST be some reason you haven't seen them.  Or possibly, I'm hallucinating them.  Perhaps they are a fragment of my constipation figment of my imagination.  I'm not trying to piss you off, dav... I kind of like you, but I don't know you very well.  But, you and I are not seeing the same things, apparently.  Let's try to determine why the amount/% of .ts shy-aways... is a different number... for you and I and others.  Trend checking.

@dbawel, don't let this crap grind you down.  You need to try to understand HOW MUCH the core team is trying to keep-up-with... with very low man hours available.  Moving toward a stream-lined and semi-automated workflow environment... was imperative, likely.  And, as you can tell, there are some emotions happening, here.  Pride.  Try not to react too heavily to emotions, if possible.  The "fire" of pride... is a good thing.  It's "spirit".  Energy.  Personally, when folks dump their spirit all over me... I learn important (and good) things about that person.  *shrug*

http://walkercoderanger.com/blog/2014/02/typescript-isnt-the-answer/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/davidwalsh.name/typescript/amp

i personally think TS is a flash In a pan and will never become standard... but if others feel different that's on them.  If it works for you it works for you, but maybe y'all should consider calling this babylonTS now as to not falsely advertise.    

I am a huge fan boy of vanillaJS though so my opinion has some bias.