[WIP] Endyr - RPG Adventure Survival MMO

Yhoko

Endyr - play together! (or die alone)

I'd like to introduce my HTML5 survival game called "Endyr". It features all of the following (and more):

• Realtime battles (use fists, swords, bows, throw knifes or axes, bombs, ...)
  • Damage model (hit head/body/arms/legs with pierce/slash/fire/electro/etc.)
  • Grid-based inventory (supporting bags-in-bags, bottles for liquids)
  • Crafting (mine ore, melt to ingots, harvest wood, forge weapons)
  • Inventing (use tools, workbenches and skills to create powerful items)
  • Farming (grow plants, harvest food, cook dinner)
  • Housing (build your house, put furniture in, get a pet)
  • Pets (let animals fight for you, ride on horses, use pack-oxes to carry stuff)
  • Adventure (explore the world, find secrets, meet NPCs)
  • Lighting (light candles, hunt rare monsters only appearing in dark nights)
  • Survival (stand against monsters, organize weapons and armor as well as food)
  • RPG (become better in what you do, learn new skills, RP with other players)
  • Writing (write in-game letters and books, give or sell them to other players)

My main goal is to create a game where cooperation between players is necessary for everyone to survive. For example, there will be a lot of monsters. So in order to craft better swords and armor the players need to dig for ore. While digging all miners need to be protected by other players. And overall, they all need food from either hunters or farmers. On top of that the crafting gets my special attention as I like crafting a lot. Oh and one more thing: Dead means dead and you'll have to create a new character. However, equipment may be retrieved by other players but getting your stuff back will remove the dead char from highscore - your decision.

Endyr is currently in development (and still looking for pixel artist - if you're interested please contact me at [email protected]).

Now some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

post-6073-0-59385300-1388876427.jpg

post-6073-0-63219100-1388876419.jpg

post-6073-0-10845500-1388876410.jpg

post-6073-0-12681600-1388876439.jpg

post-6073-0-33561800-1388876447.jpg

post-6073-0-85200000-1388876494.jpg

More details, screenshots and the alpha tester signup is found on the official website www.endyr.com.

Thanks for your attention,

Yhoko

PS: For updates please watch Endyr on indiedb and keep an eye on the screenshots gallery once a week.

It's called a Rabite and they're really dangerous. Well, sometimes. ... if you tease them. Hard. Maybe.

- Thanks ;-) oh and using the pliers/pincer you may also pull out it's teeth... I mean tooth, and the claws.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game's story has changed! The original idea was to create a survival game after the world ended, but development somehow went into another direction. It became quite "medieval" and the lighting engine turned out to be a very important element. Furthermore I always wanted monsters to appear in dark places, so this is the new, probably final story:

"Once there was a peaceful world living in endless daylight. But one day the sky became darker and eventually it was night – for the first time in history. Dangerous creatures, only yet known from dark caves, appeared literally everywhere and went against the peaceful people of Endyr. Not knowing how to fight or defense themselves most of them were slaughtered without mercy. Only when the last group was awaiting their fate the darkness slowly disappeared and all the monsters burned in the bright sunlight. The survivors celebrated the new day.

This is the story of those who were lucky this time. But what if the night returned one day? Would they be prepared and survive one more time? Would they step into the caves in order to gather resources for forging weapons and armor? It's all in your hand."

I hope you like it, comments are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Ultima Online was the only MMO that could catch me for more than 2 days. Many features, like housing and furniture, were inspired by UO.

Now for today's update I'm introducing item context menus:

context_menu.jpg

Each context menu displays the name, count (if stackable) and all available options. It might later be used for accessing additional settings, like eg. changing the oil lamp's brightness (where brighter means faster oil drain).

Here's a bunch of items made by me:

item_parade.jpg

And the following diagram shows the importance of iron:

iron_tree.jpg

(not to mention anvil, oven and forge hammer which are very central items, too)

By the way! You may now signup your e-mail address on www.endyr.com to receive a newsletter whenever there's a test or release coming up (as always no spam, no ads, only the stuff that really matters). Please do so if you're interested in testing Endyr.

Thanks but I don't plan to cut features -- what you can see is actually implemented and working as shown in the first 2 alpha tests. The next test (might also be a beta release) will focus on PvP, building houses and probably death. After that (and some adjustments) I'll be ready for the first public release.

Lifetime account special

The monthly fee for playing Endyr will be EUR 5 (about US$ 7), with no additional charges (except maybe for purely decorative premium items). Now many people asked for a one-time fee instead, so here it is!

As a special offer (and to support the dev) you may now pre-order your lifetime account for only EUR 29.90 - That's right, less than it costs to extend your account for a full year! Not to mention that the longer you live, the more you safe ;-)

Take this offer to enjoy Endyr as often or as rarely as you like. Freed from the pressure to make it "worth your money" every single month. On top of that, pre-ordering allows you to join even secret beta tests of upcoming features.

Please keep in mind that this unqiue offer is only available during development - so get it while you can! Well, lifetime accounts will still be available later but at a much higher cost and without the beta invitations.

• 1 month later...

Not quite new but let me show you a chat screenshot:

chat_log.jpg

Now for the real news here's the fishing net:

fishing_net.jpg

Basically you just pull it through the water and hope for a catch - simple and easy.

In contrary the fishing rod needs you to react in order to catch a fish:

fishing_rod.jpg

You may take worms or smaller fish as bait. What's out there to catch is up to you to find out ;-)

Good fishing everyone!

Yhoko

• 7 months later...

Last news in 2014 - wish you all a happy new year!

The Bastion

I completely overhauled the castle which is now called the Bastion and populated by NPCs. This allowed me to add several mini-quests like for example, clean the commander's boots:

dirty_boots.jpg

Most of the NPCs are decorative refugees and will tell you story pieces or just talk for fun.

endyr_doris.jpg

Lux

When Endyr was born I didn't want to add gold as a currency but now I had to add some kind of money to the game (because of the NPCs). Therefore you can now earn and spend Lux:

lux_currency.jpg

New menu tabs for buying and selling stuff:

endyr_shopping.jpg

endyr_hunter.jpg

Leatherworks

Furthermore I added a tanning frame and fur to the game:

endyr_tanning.jpg

Animals were changed to frop fur so you can now salvage and work with leather.

Light and shadow

And finally I had nice ideas for the lighting engine which is probably best shown by screenshots:

comparison.gif

endyr_scatter.jpg

Stickers

Side effect: I recently added stickers (collection game) to Yhoko.com and -of course- spent Endyr a custom set:

endyr.jpg

If you like Endyr please consider spreading the word and pre-order your lifetime account (closing this offer soon).

Yhoko