webgl disabled error

jeremybyington

I made a fallback for my Babylon scene in the event the user does not support webgl, and while I was developing the fallback I was just altering the logic to show the fallback slideshow instead of the canvas. When I was done developing it I disabled webgl in my Chrome browser and it looks like Babylon ran into a fatal error. I'm hoping this is just a bug that has something to do with Chrome, but I thought I would share it in case there might be something you guys can do about it. @Deltakosh

I am going to continue testing in other browsers that don't natively have it.

FYI, I used this plugin to disable it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-webgl/nlapleiepodflfbclacdhmbldadobpah

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.58.35 PM.png

Thanks for your very quick response! I needed a fix ASAP so I came up with a not-so-elegant solution to test webgl support with Modernizr and then append a couple script elements to the body for hand.js and babylon.js ...and then a setInterval that waits until BABYLON is defined before executing the rest of the code.... I feel like I belong in JS prison for doing that, but... deadlines.