Pillar

SilentxxBunny

Hello everyone,

I just completed a new HTML5 game called Pillar. Pillar is a simple, but addictive mobile game where the player simply tries to build the tallest tower they can.  However, the blocks start moving faster the higher the tower gets. Pillar was based on the classic arcade game Stacker, which can be found in movie theaters, video arcades, groceries stores, and other various locations all across the world. I have seen it a few times in the flash market, but I had never seen an HTML5 version of it, so I thought it would be fun to re-make a classic. 

post-81-0-64004100-1389597987.png

I welcome any feedback or constructive criticism with open arms. However, it is worth noting that this game was created as a part of a personal challenge to create a new HTML5 game every week this year. With that said, I may not be able to implement every suggestion I receive. However, feedback will allow me to make next week's game (and every game thereafter) that much better. 

You can play Pillar by clicking here.

Additionally, you can follow my progress on my blog.

Warm regards,

Aden

Hey Apelmon,

Thank you for taking the time to review my game. I'm glad that you liked the artwork! I was really happy with how it turned out, too.

Good suggestions! After releasing the game and getting some player feedback on it, it certainly does seem that the game could benefit from having a small tutorial. This is something I will try to implement in all of my future games. If I have some spare time during my Game a Week project, I will try to go back and add one to this game as well. 

Warm regards,

Aden

• 1 month later...

Pillar was the second game we released in our “Game a Week” series. It was originally released on January 13th, 2014.  It remained our most popular game (and my personal favorite) until Synergy was released in early February.

When Pillar was originally released, we were contracting artwork from various freelancers.  Since then, we have entered a close partnership with a professional art studio.  Very soon, we’re going to submit our portfolio to publishers in the HTML5 game sponsorship market, but we wanted to go back through our January games and update the graphics beforehand.

pillar-ss-2.png

pillar-ss-1.png

What do you think of the new version? We have one more graphic update planned for this month, and your feedback is how we get better.

Warm regards,
Aden