Few basic questions about screen rez and hosting

Biggerplay

Few questions.

1. Ok so a HTML5 game is a collection of files? there's no bundle or zip of all the files together say like an .ipa file or .swf ?
  2. If the above is true, how does your game get hosted by websites? do you just send them all of the individual files?
  3. What's the norm for the above though? you sending all your files to a website? or them iFrame linking to the game hosted on your own site/host?
  4. How does it work with screen sizes/resolution, so for example in Flash I'd use 800x600 in iOS I would use 960x640, but does the HTML5 game need to be coded to run in all of those situations (web and mobile) or it usual to target a particular format? and how would I set up either of those situations in Phaser?
  5. What are the HTML5 game resolutions that websites are most interested in?

Thanks for any advice!

1) Right, it's a collection of files.

2) Yes, email them a zip.

3) "Attach File", "Send"

4) You scale the game so it best fits the resolution of the device. You never, ever try and support every resolution out there (I'm not sure there's enough time in the world to handle that)

5) Doesn't matter, they don't really look at it like that, they just expect the games to fill the screen as best as possible. Have a play of some games on various portals and you'll see the range of resolutions used, but all of them will scale to fill (some better than others!), often with a slight letter-box effect.

1) Right, it's a collection of files.

2) Yes, email them a zip.

3) "Attach File", "Send"

4) You scale the game so it best fits the resolution of the device. You never, ever try and support every resolution out there (I'm not sure there's enough time in the world to handle that)

5) Doesn't matter, they don't really look at it like that, they just expect the games to fill the screen as best as possible. Have a play of some games on various portals and you'll see the range of resolutions used, but all of them will scale to fill (some better than others!), often with a slight letter-box effect.

Thanks for the info. Regarding (5) so you don't just make your game full screen then, I presume sponsors don't want that because it's going to obscure their ads on the page? What about though if it's for mobile, then the game should be full screen?