Anitroubles - tiny match-three puzzle game

Rezoner

Hello gamedev fellows o/

I would like to share my tiny puzzle game - Anitroubles

Click to play

or read further for some background:

screenshot2.png

Tried to design an evergreen puzzle game. Many think it is mostly Triple Town inspired but for real it has started as a copy of the city planning part from City Bloxx

bloxx2.jpg

while the graphics are highly affected by these two pieces 

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/52482.htm

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/13234.htm

I drawn pixelart in excelent aseprite editor, while for the music I used FLStudio with some very old Gravis Ultrasound samples

I kind of failed with the evergreen gameplay design - tried to rewrite it many times with a miserable outcome - however some people play it daily due to its chilling factor.

The game has not been really published on any game-platform (kongregate, clay) as I just wanted to have some initial real players thoughts and feedback for the next version.

Wow, excellent game - it is really fun to play! I loved the localStorage integration (so that you can accidentially reload and be at the same game state).

I just figured out "how to really play" with turtles, lions, plants and wombats. But I'm still stuck with tigers as they are left on the field and can't be grouped to three. Can't figure out how to play them on the field :)

I think the initial level of the "aha, that's how it works"-effect is pretty high when comparing it to other games. I don't want to say that the gameplay level is too high - it's really good and should be kept that high - but it's a bit high for initial gameplay.The tutorial is quite nice! Took me a few games after to figure it out (except the tiger stuff), but now I'm loving it! :)

Also, some slight mistakes I found:

- Turtle description: affraid > afraid

- Wombat description: plany > plant

Thanks folks - it's really flattering as I thought this gameplay is uber crap and noone will like it :)

@Chris: Yesh, as I stated before I did the title music in FLStudio - if you liked it maybe you will enjoy tune for the next version https://soundcloud.com/rezoner/anitroubles-theme - tbh makin assets was much more fun than coding itself

@martensms: Thanks for pointing out these flaws - I am totally looking forward to make another version considering all feedback - while the music, code, graphics is totally not a problem for this scale of game - the gameplay/rules design is hell - many people for example think that they are doing something wrong because lion turns a sheep into a skeleton - maybe I should spawn flowers and gave'em points for that :)

• 3 weeks later...

Addicting stuff. I'm sure my wife will love it too. I only noticed that the right mouse button does the same as the left mouse button only it gets a stupid menu on the way. Other than that everything was just fine.