samid737

Phaser Plugin PocketDebug

PocketDebug displays fps and timing graphs inside A HTML DOM Text element for maximum conciseness.

pocketdebug2.PNG.aebbc3dced207ec2c6765c1754ad1e3d.PNG

Source & Docs

Demo

NPM

pocketplot  is the platform independent version . It can be used if you want to add a graph to A plain website.

Looking forward to receive feedback (please do), ideas, contributions, optimizations so that the plugin can be enhanced for Phaser :) 

I will probably switch to canvas driven graphics in the next update , after finding out the consequences of manipulating DOM text via Javascript. Any change in the DOM element via JS forces a paint operation , which I have measured and it does not look alright (2 ms in firefox, <1ms in chrome? safari unknown)......Also, the string building has garbage collector overhead , which already was a bottleneck I was concerned with... I'm disappointed to see these results, because I was so excited with the new features  (and displaying something using DOM text is ideal!,  I believed) , but then the unexpected.....  Do you guys have more advice? Any tips/tricks to deal with this?  

It breaks my heart...

_*__*_____*__*__
_*_____*_*_____*
_*______*______*
__*__16ms____*
___*____\_____*
____*___/___*__
______*_\_*____
________*______