[WIP] KittySling

andreyin

Hi there! I'm making this game with a couple of friends in Construct 2. Basically you have to pull the cat and release it, so it flies around to get the bird, which takes you to the next level. You can gather stars on each level too, and use them later to buy outfits for your cat (but we still have to implement that).

levels.gif

We want to release it for iOS first and see if we can make some money out of it so we can keep working on it, but we're really new at all this and could use some tips... I've been reading about game monetization but the more I read the more it confuses me haha! So any help is deeply appreciated.

Currently we have no devlog or anything, but I usually tweet about it when I'm working on it at @andreyin. Might also update it here once in a while, when we've got a better prototype.

Cheers!

post-6089-0-16355900-1390767100.png

That was great, I had a lot of fun playing it. The gameplay was really smooth and the graphics complemented it really well. One thing to note would be the lines which appear sometimes in the scenery when the camera moves about. Apart from that it was great fun. I'll make sure to follow the progress of this game. Good luck  ;)

I really like it!

The concept is original and entertaining and both the graphics and the camera are really nice: flawless.

I agree with Star Sovereign, however, waiting for the cat to stop rolling around seemed a little exhausting. A little faster would be nicer, however with such a small flaw, it is easily over looked.

You've got a really nice game here, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Out of interest, though, how much do plan on selling it as an app?

This was super fun.  I love how the camera pans over to the bird when you have a near-miss.  I wish there was sound :)  Sometimes it was a little bit frustrating to have to wait for the cat to stop rolling around...

I really like it!

The concept is original and entertaining and both the graphics and the camera are really nice: flawless.

I agree with Star Sovereign, however, waiting for the cat to stop rolling around seemed a little exhausting. A little faster would be nicer, however with such a small flaw, it is easily over looked.

You've got a really nice game here, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Out of interest, though, how much do plan on selling it as an app?

Thanks a bunch! I'm aware of this bug, I'll look into it. Maybe it would be better to have a "reset" button appear instead of the cat automatically resetting...

Great concept! But the img below looks like you are using physical object, large layout and scaling layout. Would they get to the game any issues with fps for running on mobile device?

levels.gif

It runs great on iOS using CocoonJS and WP8! The layout isn't that big considering the size of the tiles (64x64), and the scale doesn't slow it down.

The physics object usually would cause some lag but since I'm using the tilemap object in C2, the whole scenery is just a large, immovable physics object so it's fine, too.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I don't even have a tablet so I wasn't sure if it was running well on it.

Currently my team and I are pretty much broke and looking for a publisher so we can keep on making this. Anyone has any tips on finding one? I've been sending emails to some places but no response so far..

Thanks!