Browser game diablo 2 like

Andy R

Hello,

i'm a JS developper in freelance and currently working on a personal project

i'm making a game having the same gameplay as Diablo 2. I liked this game so much that i've decided to make a game with the same apporch (3D pre render, mouse based move...) for those who don't know d2 check this link => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TADQxS6mk

the game is a PVP Melee (w/ team or alone), the goal is to defeat others players using teamwork and character' skill. Small map will force players to keep moving while trying to put enemies in trouble. Round ends when all enemies are defeated. Game ends when a team/player have reached 3 wins.

A lot of works is already done :
- spell/player collision
- gameplay
- in game interface (life/allies/map/score etc...)
- out game interface (main room/lobby/matchmaking)
- server side check (prevent cheating)
- sound system
- game state detection
- pvp mode (1v1, 3v3 or even 2v2v2 or 1v1v1v1)

this is developped using : Phaser, React for outgame itf, jQuery for ingame itf, SocketIO and express

I want to involve a 3D graphist on the project. He has to use Blender to model and animate characters. I need it to be done with blender because this is the lone tool i use to render the animations on spritesheet. Characters will have a least 5 animations : running / iddle / taking hit / dying / casting spell. Other may be added in the future for  "special spells" 

I can't upload a demo because of size restriction here but if youre interested feel free to contact me 

Thanks ;-)

• 1 year later...