How can I anyone make money with just programming with Phaser?

cpu_sam

Hello,

I'm an experienced programmar, who has made 2d games for 10 years, in majority desktop games, just for fun and learning. I never make any money of my "hobbie" with games, because of "barriers" like the drawing/animation, sound effect, music etc. The things that I know make better it's just Game Design and programming (with professionalism).

So, can anyone give me a idea of how to make money with a team made by your self? Like sell your source without any great image or sound but the game ready to add if?

31 minutes ago, cpu_sam said:

I'm an experienced programmer

You'll have to prove yourself. Have a portfolio (github), and you can respond to quite a lot of 'developer wanted' requests.

An other option is to have such good gameplay, that players would be willing to pay for in game things (extra levels/power etc).

48 minutes ago, cpu_sam said:

Hello,

I'm an experienced programmar, who has made 2d games for 10 years, in majority desktop games, just for fun and learning. I never make any money of my "hobbie" with games, because of "barriers" like the drawing/animation, sound effect, music etc. The things that I know make better it's just Game Design and programming (with professionalism).

So, can anyone give me a idea of how to make money with a team made by your self? Like sell your source without any great image or sound but the game ready to add if?

Just like you would with any other language/library.

There are companies that hire phaser developers, you can sell games to publishers. You can even make bigger games with phaser and try to sell them (shameless self plug for our game http://www.laxviking.com/)

There is plenty of money to be made, you just have to figure out what works for you and what you enjoy doing.

Just focus on making high quality games, and the money will come naturally.

Hope this helped.

7 minutes ago, Milton said:

You'll have to prove yourself. Have a portfolio (github), and you can respond to quite a lot of 'developer wanted' requests.

An other option is to have such good gameplay, that players would be willing to pay for in game things (extra levels/power etc).

In truth, I have some projects in the internet from 2008 to 2010, like in source forge. I made my own 2d engine (since 2013) and I have do some little games, but I never post them in github or even sourceforge because they're not ready, like I said: I on't know how to draw or even like create sound fx. So, I just made remake of mario's games, DK etc

2 minutes ago, cpu_sam said:

In truth, I have some projects in the internet from 2008 to 2010, like in source forge. I made my own 2d engine (since 2013) and I have do some little games, but I never post them in github or even sourceforge because they're not ready, like I said: I on't know how to draw or even like create sound fx. So, I just made remake of mario's games, DK etc

Most of the things on github aren't ready :)

Just think like an employer. If I needed an experienced Phaser dev, I'm not going to take someones word for it. Graphics/Sounds are not important, just programming skills.

5 minutes ago, Milton said:

Most of the things on github aren't ready :)

Just think like an employer. If I needed an experienced Phaser dev, I'm not going to take someones word for it. Graphics/Sounds are not important, just programming skills.

Man, I would like to show you my games, but are incomplete and are all in C++, I have only one game in javascript+html5 (without engine or lib), it's just a snake game. I'm planning to finish my donkey kong classic game clone (C++), and then I'll port to javascript+Phaser. I made this kind of thing just for fun

4 minutes ago, cpu_sam said:

Man, I would like to show you my games, but are incomplete and are all in C++, I have only one game in javascript+html5 (without engine or lib), it's just a snake game. I'm planning to finish my donkey kong classic game clone (C++), and then I'll port to javascript+Phaser. I made this kind of thing just for fun

What's holding you back from putting everything on github? C++ is more impressive than JS, and so is not using an engine. When you have that to show for, and then 1 Phaser game, I'm sure that would be enough to get some Phaser dev work.

2 minutes ago, Milton said:

What's holding you back from putting everything on github? C++ is more impressive than JS, and so is not using an engine. When you have that to show for, and then 1 Phaser game, I'm sure that would be enough to get some Phaser dev work.

Man, you have reason. I never put my games on the web it's just because of my perfectionism, like the games are incomplete I think that it's not good enough hehehe. Well, I will put them on github another hour, even incomplete I'm planning to finish them some day. Thank you. Oh, and my games are made with my own engine named Chora  Engine, chora means cry in English, just a playing with of Cry Engine