[Solved] How many vertices can be imported with Babylon.js?

hit2501

Hi everyone!

Long time ago, I had some issues importing large models (from Blender) then, with help of this forum I understood that the importer could only work with models until 65K vertices. Now I want to know if this limit is different for new babylon js library and if is there are other important features regarding this.

Thank you all.

That problem is long gone, except for very old hardware.  If still coming from Blender, there is a switch to still enforce, which is on by default.  BTW, 2 things:

1. This was an addressing problem,  not a capacity problem.  You still need to keep a lid on this (recommend blender limited dissolve)
  2. Even when using 16-bit indexing, the Blender exporter still worked, it just broke down the mesh into multiples.

force65.jpg.9d3ee026ce5950a1a6b80ccc43e2e79f.jpg

7 hours ago, hit2501 said:

Thank you JC, I would like to know it before. :P

Is there a way to mark your message as answer?

The current solution for marking a thread answered is to edit the first post and add an solved tag or edit the title to "[solved] How many vertices can be imported with Babylon.js?"