[WIP/phaser]

Cronos72

I posted this as a WIP a while back. I dove into phaser with out a lot of planning or knowledge of the API for my first game. I rewrote most of the code  to be more object oriented. This cut my source code in half and I know have a mostly bug free demo. I a m still not happy with the splash screen. I had a lot of difficulty making the water color painting look more lively. I am open to suggestions. My goal is to have a more consistent feeling to the art direction.
Instructions on how to play:   Click Here for the game
The keys 1,2 and three cycle between the cannons.
After a cannon is selected it has to be put into attack mode by clicking the A key.
Then proceed to click on an enemy unit. 

The goal is to not let any units pass. This will improve your micro ability. The end goal is to have defence of 3 areas simultaneously.

I have attached some screen shots from development  to show taht nothing goes according to plan ! Enjoy :P

splash_screen_small.png

Cocept.png

ui_sketch.jpg

canon_concept.jpg

robot.jpg

cannon-base.png

background-splash.png

canon2.png

The repeatedly pressing 'A' seemed to go against my natural instincts.
I didn't fare very well, only killed a few of them. I think you could add an easy mode where you just click first, with 1 cannon, get used to that. Then add more cannons and complications going forward.

21 hours ago, Umz said:

The repeatedly pressing 'A' seemed to go against my natural instincts.
I didn't fare very well, only killed a few of them. I think you could add an easy mode where you just click first, with 1 cannon, get used to that. Then add more cannons and complications going forward.

I will consider it! Though the idea behind the game is to be a micro trainer for RTS games like Starcraft which require high APM and precision key bashing . The problem I see is that it becomes far too easy. just clicking 1,2,3 and then clicking the unit. Although removing the A button would allow me to port this game to mobile. I had a friend suggest that the enemies should only be killable by a specific cannon that could add a degree of difficulty with the A button removed. I will have to do some experimenting. Thank you for your feed back!

On 24/02/2018 at 7:38 PM, Cronos72 said:

I will consider it! Though the idea behind the game is to be a micro trainer for RTS games like Starcraft which require high APM and precision key bashing . The problem I see is that it becomes far too easy. just clicking 1,2,3 and then clicking the unit. Although removing the A button would allow me to port this game to mobile. I had a friend suggest that the enemies should only be killable by a specific cannon that could add a degree of difficulty with the A button removed. I will have to do some experimenting. Thank you for your feed back!

That's a great idea too, but, Whichever way you tackle it, all I mean is that you should start the game off easy and get progressively more difficult. So when we get used to switching cannons, add A, to fire, etc. 
But at the beginning, I'd just suggest getting the player used to the game and gradually increasing the difficulty.
Just because if it's too hard at the start there's a big drop off rate.