Virtual fashion show

ozRocker

7 minutes ago, inteja said:

Great work! The avatar is looking quite realistic and natural. Hand finger pose and animation looks a little wooden but it's probably just because you haven't gotten to that bit yet. Still, it's looking quite convincing :-)

I agree with you.  I'm not completely happy with the animation.  I used the best one I could find from Mixamo and adjusted a few rotations to make it look more feminine, but it still looks a bit stiff from the side-view.  I originally used one from Daz3D which I loved but due to licensing restrictions I could only use it in video renders.

My next step is to link facial expressions with armature movement.  Right now they are clearly separate, but I want combinations like hand-wave combined with a smile

I smell blatant advertising.  Can you find something less "buy this, buy that" for your BJS website icon?  My goodness.

But, I see that you're not the only one.  The XBOX Avatars icon is also an ad. 

Any chance that the user could wait until they arrive at the target/remote site.... before the product-peddling starts?

It would be nice to keep the BJS website.... ad-free.  Just my opinion and preference.  Commune-ity !== Incorporated.

2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I smell blatant advertising.  Can you find something less "buy this, buy that" for your BJS website icon?  My goodness.

But, I see that you're not the only one.  The XBOX Avatars icon is also an ad. 

Any chance that the user could wait until they arrive at the target/remote site.... before the product-peddling starts?

It would be nice to keep the BJS website.... ad-free.  Just my opinion and preference.  Commune-ity !== Incorporated.

Yes of course, I put a link to my website there so people can contact me.

I didn't build this for the purpose of putting it on the Babylon.js page.  I built it so I have a demo I can send to retailers so I can get some work.  Deltakosh offered to put it on the home page.  If you have a problem with it just ask him to take it down.

Yeah, cool.  Thanks for the understanding, OzR.  Commercial sites are cool/fine, of course.

It just bugs me a little when I see prices... on the link picture.  Even if those images are not ads, they resemble some types.

I don't really have an authoritative 'say' about these things, so I am simply voicing my opinion/preferences.

Perhaps replace the price tags... with fashion show runway/catwalk photographer stills... all aiming cameras at her.  :)

I dunno.  Maybe I'm being over-sensitive.  Sorry if I am.  It IS the only screen-grab available in the app itself... so, maybe I need to be more tolerant.

OxR, is this is a small portion of a bigger app?  Will the bigger app have an introduction screen?  Maybe using that screen... for the BJS website icon... would be ok, if available?

*shrug*.  Ignore me as needed.  :)

35 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Yeah, cool.  Thanks for the understanding, OzR.  Commercial sites are cool/fine, of course.

It just bugs me a little when I see prices... on the link picture.  Even if those images are not ads, they resemble some types.

Those prices are fake.  The items are fake.  They are clothes from TurboSquid.  That girl was my previous housemate, not professional model.  If you actually went to the website you'd see that you can't go anywhere.  There is no shopping cart.  Did you really think Punk Office now sells clothing?

Its a demo to show how Babylon.js could be used for virtual fashion.  Hopefully H&M will see it, click on the logo, e-mail me and throw millions of dollars at my feet to build them something similar.

Sorry to hear that, OzR.  We can just ignore everything that I said.... the pricetags-on-icons thing is not a big deal.  No problems.

And yes, I certainly know the ever-skyrocketing costs of getting things done, and the extortion/fears that happen via monetary rationing/shortages.  (being put over a barrel).

I write/speak against such things, in-between making simpleton-grade BJS scenes.  I think "pay OR ELSE"... or ANY "or elsing" is disgusting.

I got some SERIOUS rants ready-to-go... about putting people over monetary barrels... but... maybe not the time and place for that.

Yep, there's good/many reasons why I hate capitalism/money-usage/ownership-usage, and advertisement pollution.  Your plight is one of the big ones.

I sure hope it works out for you.  You certainly have the talent.  Let's hope that those who control the funding arteries.... notice that.

I showed this demo to a fashion consultant and he found 2 fashion retailers to work with me.  Even he said the demo wasn't good enough for them (not professional enough) but he convinced them to give me a go.  I'm not getting paid to do 3D work for these retailers.  In fact, I have to PAY money out of my own pocket to hire professional models for this.  You see, no company will pay me unless they see it in a real-world environment and until the metrics show that it generates value (traction and sales).  So this demo has already helped get my foot in door.  I just scraped in.  Then if it works out with these retailers I can show that to others and hopefully get paid work.  If I can do this within a month I am saved!

Life is hard, but so what.  If you want to achieve great things, you have to fight great battles.

37 minutes ago, ozRocker said:

If you want to achieve great things, you have to fight great battles.

Yep, unless you are born set-for-life... where there is never a money battle.  Children of "founding families"... families of "Old Gold"... they never get scared of NOT having basic survival supplies.  It's smooth sailing for them, monetary-extortion-wise.

Those kids aren't born "behind the 8-ball". 

Fair?  Hardly.  Not even in the ballpark of moral.  (oops, sorry, too ranty.)  :)

Let's see... Sydney and Melbourne have Microsoft offices?  I think MS could use some consultants in the technical areas that YOU KNOW, OzR.  Perhaps there's some folks nearby... who could open a door for ya... in those areas?  hmm.  (wink wink). 

How's your public speaking/evangelism skills?  Can ya generate spirit and hoopla?  Excitement?   Enthusiasm?  Curiosity?  Can you gently and tactfully teach/tell people (in meetings) how you did what you have done?  Can you train others to do it, even if they are brain-dead?   (That's all none of my bizzyness, of course, so ignore me at-will.  I can't do any of that, but I hear that those are sought characteristics in tech evangelists.)  hmm.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 1:44 AM, Wingnut said:

Yep, unless you are born set-for-life... where there is never a money battle.  Children of "founding families"... families of "Old Gold"... they never get scared of NOT having basic survival supplies.  It's smooth sailing for them, monetary-extortion-wise.

Those kids aren't born "behind the 8-ball". 

Fair?  Hardly.  Not even in the ballpark of moral.  (oops, sorry, too ranty.)  :)

Let's see... Sydney and Melbourne have Microsoft offices?  I think MS could use some consultants in the technical areas that YOU KNOW, OzR.  Perhaps there's some folks nearby... who could open a door for ya... in those areas?  hmm.  (wink wink). 

How's your public speaking/evangelism skills?  Can ya generate spirit and hoopla?  Excitement?   Enthusiasm?  Curiosity?  Can you gently and tactfully teach/tell people (in meetings) how you did what you have done?  Can you train others to do it, even if they are brain-dead?   (That's all none of my bizzyness, of course, so ignore me at-will.  I can't do any of that, but I hear that those are sought characteristics in tech evangelists.)  hmm.  :)

Actually yes.  I used to play in rock bands, been on stage over a hundred times.  I've done pitches and given talks before and I often dance and rap in them haha!  There's a video of me here 

I'm also one of the speakers for a fashion tech event https://academyxi.com/events/digital-threads-digital-disruption-fashion/

A lot happening after I've put up these demos, hopefully will have some really good news soon.