Monster Hunter

Midnight

MonsterHunter_1.jpg

More screen shots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45613013/Monster%20hunter/MonsterHunter_2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45613013/Monster%20hunter/MonsterHunter_3.jpg

The game itself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45613013/build/index.html

Game description:
Kick monsters out of your apartment in this screen-tapping, score earning, combo spiced arcade. Make quick decisions to achieve the right sequence of monster-taps yielding in maximum number of combos. Each subsequent monster of chosen type will grant you multiplied amount of points. Fun and dynamic feel of this game will not leave those with agile fingers unsatisfied, while almost everyone will enjoy the cute-looking monsters and overall graphical richness of the game.

Goldenratio says it best - the graphics are well polished. thats exactly what comes to mind.

Love the bumps and bruises effect. It increases the feeling of interaction in the tap.

The tutorial popups are universal, great for non english audience (with the exception of the word 'pts' which i don't think is a big deal)

I agree with fatalfluff about the Monster Hunter name. That franchise is very big - give it a unique name and make it yours:)

I played it on my Mac so i didnt see the parallax effect but it sounds cool.

Adding sound effects would push this over the edge - i used lowlag.js and it is really responsive on mobile and desktop

Great work!

Great game, parallax efect looks really good. I agree with mentuat you need to do something with preloader, it's too basic for such polished game.

Found couple issues:
Device: Galaxy S, Chrome: can hit only top-right monster (which is behind the chair), when I tap on any other monster nothing happens. Also I managed to get negative score it was presented as: 00-8 other time it was 0-25

Device: iPod5 ios7: I offten tapped too close to the screen top which triggers url bar, I would suggest to move everything down by 20px, that should solve problem.

Beautiful game! 

You didn't ask for feedback, but here goes:

• It might be worth looking into having the game load quicker on mobile devices (which can mean worse graphics, but not always)
  • Game worked great on iPhone 4, iOS 6. Not so great (but still playable) on older HTC Evo 4g with Android 2.3.2.
  • Double-tap on Android caused it to zoom - might want to toss in an e.preventDefault()
  • As others mentioned, the parallax is super cool.

• 6 months later...