AutoRotationBehaviors and idleRotationSpeed

Jedarch

I am unable to modify (increase) the idleRotationSpeed of my ArcRotateCamera.  I tried adjusting the values of speed.idleRotationSpeed but to no avail; the arc rotation camera always circles the object at the same rate.  Here is a code snippet:

var camera = new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("arcCam",
BABYLON.Vector3.Zero(),scene);
camera.attachControl(canvas,true);
camera.upperBetaLimit = Math.PI / 2;
camera.lowerRadiusLimit = 4;
var speed = new BABYLON.AutoRotationBehavior("camera",scene);
speed.idleRotationSpeed = 0.01;
speed.parent = camera;
camera.useAutoRotationBehavior = true;

Hi Jedarch, welcome to the forum.

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#6FBD14#38

I did a little "hacking" on the BABYLON.AutoRotationBehavior class/object... which I "borrowed" from the framework source, and inserted into a BJS playground demo.

Open JS console, as wanted... see some logging I do.

Line 225 sets the idleRotationSpeed.  It is broken, as Jedarch claims.  Thx for the bug-find, J!

Lines 123-141 is where I am testing things.  Line 133 is NOT changing values... when I change values in line 225 .idleRotationSpeed.

I think it should.  :) 

Ok, that's all I have, so far.  Still testing.  Something is goofy in this area of the code.  I need fresh coffee, first.  heh.

Hi Wingnut,  Thank you for the welcome to the forum and for looking into this topic.  I'll try and follow the code you identified above although I'm not an expert on it myself.  Glad I found the bug inadvertently so it can be fixed.   Glad there are experts within this community who know how to do so.  I discovered Babylon.js just recently.  Fascinating software and great accomplishment to its creators.  Looking forward to seeing the software and community grow in years ahead.  Have a great day!

Thank you for your answer as well Sebavan.  As it turns out, my syntax was wrong when stating the behavior (Should be "camera.autoRotationBehavior.idleRotationSpeed", NOT "camera.AutoRotationBehavior.idleRotationSpeed").  Wingnut, I don't know if you noticed something different with respect to your insight on my inquiry, but Sebavan's example which led me to the code below solves the problem:  Here is my code adopting Sebavan's syntax on "autoRotationBehavior"  Thank you both again with your help for my question...Problem is solved:

var camera = new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("arcCam",
BABYLON.Vector3.Zero(),scene);
camera.attachControl(canvas,true);
camera.upperBetaLimit = Math.PI / 2;
camera.lowerRadiusLimit = 4;
camera.useAutoRotationBehavior = true;
camera.autoRotationBehavior.idleRotationSpeed = 0.25;
camera.autoRotationBehavior.idleRotationWaitTime = 1000;
camera.autoRotationBehavior.idleRotationSpinupTime = 500;