DrawThis 2

dabontv

Another multiplayer game! DrawThis 2 brings a new look and new features to the Draw and Guess genre. Play for achievements, create a private room, or play one of the two single player modes.

Game uses React.js on the client end and the servers use Node.js.

drawthis2.jpg

Play now: https://lagged.com/io/drawthis2 or https://drawthis2.io/

It looks promising but didn't work for me on Firefox. It tries to connect, it says 'disconnected' and I'm stuck with a 'retry' button that doesn't seem to do anything.

Can you share some of your thoughts about working with react on this game? A short list of pros and cons perhaps? I am looking for the perfect framework to use for my project and hadn't really considered using just react... seems a bit odd for a game but I don't really know.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:53 AM, kolkat said:

It looks promising but didn't work for me on Firefox. It tries to connect, it says 'disconnected' and I'm stuck with a 'retry' button that doesn't seem to do anything.

Can you share some of your thoughts about working with react on this game? A short list of pros and cons perhaps? I am looking for the perfect framework to use for my project and hadn't really considered using just react... seems a bit odd for a game but I don't really know.

Game should work on FireFox, let me know if that issue continues.

Depends on the type of game you're trying to make, React is great for multiplayer games and can speed up development time.

Very good! The single-player modes are a great addition. :)

Just a note: when trying to guess, playing using Safari on iPad, when the iOS keyboard pops-in after I tap on the textbox, the letters placeholders at the top get hidden. You may want to re-think the layout a bit to allow the player to keep seeing important things also while the on-screen keyboard is visible.