Anyone use Webstorm for the development?

Biggerplay

I'm using Webstorm for my phaser game development. It's been ok up till now but now I'm a tad confused as to how I've got things set up.

I've got a project called say myGame1, and when I run the index page it opens up like this in the browser

http://localhost:63342/myGame1/index.html

And that runs fine.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to set things up so I can have another game project open as well, and open that games index page as well in the browser. Because when I try to do that, it just opens the previous game still.

I think it's got something to do with configurations, I've tried to set up another one but when I try to use that config it just says error 404 when opening in a browser.

Any ideas?

I also use webstorm but co-incidentally also got stuck on the question of how to have more than one project open at once. In fact I quickly gave up trying, and just had my secondary project open in SublimeText in the background. This was fine for my needs since I generally just want it there as a reference. I've never used the feature of opening my project in the browser through an IDE command anyway, I just have the browser open and navigate to localhost manually or through a bookmark.

When you open a second project in WebStorm, doesn't it ask whether you want to open it in the current window or in a new window? I'm using PhpStorm, and that's what it does. When you open it in a new window, you can keep both projects open at the same time.

Having said that, I never run my project through the IDE... I just find it quicker to keep the browser open and then hit F5 when I need to test my changes.

Actually you are right, I'm working in IntelliJ for my day job and you do get the new window option in there so presumably its the same in WebStorm. When I think about it what I personally was interested in in WebStorm was not actually opening two separate projects, but being able to add existing folders to the current project but from different locations on my hard disk, something that is very easy to do in Sublime Text by just going -> Project > Add Folder to Project 

It probably is possible in WebStorm but I was too lazy to work out how when I could achieve the same effect by just leaving Sublime open too.

Actually you are right, I'm working in IntelliJ for my day job and you do get the new window option in there so presumably its the same in WebStorm. When I think about it what I personally was interested in in WebStorm was not actually opening two separate projects, but being able to add existing folders to the current project but from different locations on my hard disk, something that is very easy to do in Sublime Text by just going -> Project > Add Folder to Project 

It probably is possible in WebStorm but I was too lazy to work out how when I could achieve the same effect by just leaving Sublime open too.

When you open a second project in WebStorm, doesn't it ask whether you want to open it in the current window or in a new window? I'm using PhpStorm, and that's what it does. When you open it in a new window, you can keep both projects open at the same time.

Having said that, I never run my project through the IDE... I just find it quicker to keep the browser open and then hit F5 when I need to test my changes.

I can have both projects open and read their source files, that's all fine, the problem is when I run the 2nd project through the webserver browser option that is available in webstorm, when you run one project it opens it up using their webserver and in the browser fine, but when I go to do the same with the 2nd project that I've also got open, it just runs the first project in the browser window, it's runs the same files again in the webstorm webserver, I'm fairly sure it has something to do with a projects settings, as even though myGame2 is open and I can edit it's files at the top in the left pane, in the projects name it has myGame2 [myGame1] then the address to the root of the myGame2.