Wobbly Dot - Shortest Path Is Not A Straight Line

Karg

Play Wobbly Dot!

Wobbly Dot is my latest browser game, a minimalist themed arcade where the goal is to navigate through dangerous mazes. It should be simple enough, except that your avatar is not moving in a straight line :)

There are 30 levels that will test your reflexes. Complete them within the time limit to collect stars, which you can use to unlock more avatar skins. 

Made with Cocos Creator (and Typescript).

Thank you for playing!

wobbly-dot-pirongames-005.jpg

wobbly-dot-pirongames-006.jpg

wobbly-dot-pirongames-004.jpg

thanks so much for playing!

which level(s) are you having trouble finishing in time?

the limits are my times finishing the levels, but maybe i've changed some levels and forgot to update the times. in any case, try to take very close turns, something like i did here: https://twitter.com/PironGames/status/1264033882346868736

Edited by Karg

There's something wrong, the ball doesn't move as fast on my browser as in that video. Does the game gets faster on later levels? I can't reach the goal in the 3rd level in less than 22 secs using your technique.

edit: It most be a Chrome problem, on Edge I can reach the goal in 7 secs in the same level.

Edited by Camaleonyco

19 hours ago, Camaleonyco said:

There's something wrong, the ball doesn't move as fast on my browser as in that video. Does the game gets faster on later levels? I can't reach the goal in the 3rd level in less than 22 secs using your technique.

edit: It most be a Chrome problem, on Edge I can reach the goal in 7 secs in the same level.

that is very weird, as development was done exclusively on Chrome. can you please tell me a bit about the Chrome version and maybe what hardware are you using?

i've noticed that Cocos Creator has some issues with animation-type physics bodies, sometimes it acts out when the cpu load is high and it cannot keep 60 fps. have to do some more tests, though.

thanks for testing!

• 1 year later...

I've released version 1.0.5, which introduces a new game mode, named "Noodles". The goal is to survive the target time and then some more, in 30 new levels.

I've also reworked the menu layout as it was pretty rendering heavy, as well as the dot shop as the UX was quite bad.

Hope you'll have fun.

wobbly-dot-pirongames-009.jpg

wobbly-dot-pirongames-010.jpg

wobbly-dot-pirongames-011.jpg