Miner Dash, Dumb Riders and Danger Deeps...

Camaleonyco

Hi, everyone!

I usually don't share my work with my colleagues on forums or social media, not sure why but it makes me feel embarrassed somehow...

However, I want to share these 3 for different reasons:

05.thumb.jpg.6a331f6aaba02e42d8d80210fc0ff267.jpg

MINER DASH ( https://lagged.com/play/2047/ )

It's a game I made for Lagged.com last year, inspired by some old games from the Flash era and a little bit of Minecraft. I was very proud of it, but didn't expect much from its release. Apparently it got 5th place on the monthly contest at Kongregate and a 90% rating on ArmorGames, which almost made me cry because those guys are ruthless. So, the reason I'm sharing it is that I'm making a sequel and I would love to hear your ideas.

Aside from the fixed bugs and performance boost, so far we have a added a couple of enemies, unbreakable rocks that can be used to kill enemies (like in Dig Dug), a persistent world (tunnels dug don't disappear), collectables, 4 different characters and 3 different stages. What else do you think was missing in the first one. I don't want to make it more complex, ideally, it will be as easy to pick up as the original while offering something to keep you playing for more than an hour.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

02.thumb.jpg.511f4bbb9909d937b197c96a7668a657.jpg

DUMB RIDERS ( https://lagged.com/play/2333/ )

Another game for Lagged.com, obviously inspired by Happy Wheels. I really wanted to make the UI intuitive and more user-friendly than HW's, but fell short. It's actually more like a prototype, I thought we could improve it with the feedback we would get, but not many players tried it. With the help of Lagged we got the online sharing system running, but without any useful way to sort the users content out, it didn't achieve any virality.

This was my first Box2d game, and the performance is terrible, at least on mobile. However, I'm thinking about using Cordova to make an Android App. So far the performance it's a lot better, and I just need to add more content for it.

So, I'm sharing it now because I would like to ask, what do you think the game needs, what objects or interactive elements, and what kind of level sorting system would you recommend. Here's a gameplay video: 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And the last one is...

12.thumb.jpg.166c67169d80b34426629a767782b713.jpg

DANGER DEEPS

Some years ago I made my first HTML5 game, a very small one. It was called Poing!, and after publishing it I decided to make a series of games inspired by arcade classics. A new take on those games from my childhood, easy to play on mobile devices.

Although Poing! was awfully received, I went on with the second game: Danger Deeps. I was taking inspiration from Joust, using only 2 buttons to keep it mobile-friendly. I think it came out a lot better than my first one, not just because of the addition of power-ups; The gameplay itself is more entertaining. However, when I tried to sell licenses no one was interested. At least with the first one, a couple of licenses were sold. Was it that bad?:

No biggie, it was a small project, I just moved on to the next thing. 

The thing is... Now that I'm working with Cordova, I'm thinking about making an app and bundle this 2 games, plus a new one. Like a fake Arcade Classics Bundle. So, the third questions I would like to ask you is: What game should I make to complete the bundle? Which one of these mashups do you find more appealing:

-A racer game + vertical shooter

-A Centipede+Arkanoid game

-A mix between DanceDanceRevolution + Street Fighter

Thannks a lot for your help, sorry for my English and for the extra long post.

I feel Dumb Riders really enjoyable and funny, at first I found the controls little annoying as I was more of rolling and crawling than scatting ? later became more comfortable.

Also scatter is really horrible to control, maybe the first level is little difficult to start and any new player might give up easily(just a thought), maybe keep a short tutorial track on top of the menu to start with, rest is nice and fun.

By the way, I didn't find the link for danger deep 

Yeah, I didn't spend enough time making those sample levels, because of the flood of amazing user content I was waiting for. I like the jelly-like behavior of the skater, but you are right, I need easier tutorial levels. Thanks for the feedback.

As for Danger Deeps, someone was interested in a exclusive license, so I'm not putting it out ther yet. It's not a great deal they are offering, so it might fall through.

• 4 weeks later...