SOFTGAMES is looking for Game Developers (HTML5 I JavaScript I TypeScript I PixiJS) to build the future of gaming - remote or on-side (Berlin / Toronto)

Become a part of our unique success story! More than 500 million people have already played our next-gen instant games.

Join us and unleash your superpowers to build the future of gaming!

SOFTGAMES is looking for a JavaScript Game Developer to help us bring our games to new Instant Game Platforms that will entertain tens of millions of people every month.

The JavaScript Game Developer designs, architects, tests and implements features into our live games. Further you'll work on bringing our games to existing and upcoming Instant Game Platforms. You will collaborate with producers, artists and other game developers to share learnings and best practices.

The JavaScript Game Developer will ship robust and high-performance code, be passionate, and act as a fount of knowledge when it comes to game development. As part of a small, experienced and dynamic team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment.

You can either work REMOTELY or in our central Berlin office surrounded by a great bunch of people!

**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a technical assessment.

Your role:

• Write robust code to be used by millions of users

• Maintain and optimise features of existing Instant Games

• Develop and integrate different platform SDKs

• Independently create complete solutions from scratch

• Work on schedule, set clear goals

• Share knowledge and help colleagues

Your profile:

• Great passion for games!

• 3+ years of professional software engineering experience

• Strong knowledge and experience with JavaScript (HTML5)

• Knowledge of
    • TypeScript or another language with static typing

• Profiling and optimising JavaScript/TypeScript code

• Node.js

• CI/CD

• Experience with build systems (e.g. Webpack or gulp), PixiJS, Phaser

• Shipped at least 2 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms

• Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code

• Deliver high-quality and well-structured code

• Open-minded and keen to learn

What we offer:

We have a flexible working setup - either fully remote or on-site in central Berlin. Your choice! Working and living in Germany has many advantages as e.g. a high job security, great work-life balance and one of the best universal health care systems in the world! Further our Berlin full time employees benefit from:

• Visa: Our visa assistance service guides you through the whole process and helps with tips and tricks to get the approvals and your visa as fast as possible.
  • Relocation Support: We support your move to Berlin with e.g. flat hunting, paper work like local registration, setting up bank accounts etc.
  • Language classes: We pay your German lessons so you can order food auf deutsch very fast and go right up to perfecting your business vocabulary.
  • Further training: A personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops, etc.
  • Flexible working hours and home office: Productive hours differ individually. That’s why you're welcome to show up in the office whenever you're ready for it. Need to watch the kids or wait for a handicraftsman? No problem - we also offer the opportunity for home office.
  • Office: A super modern office with state of the art tech, based in the center of Berlin, quickly to reach from all destinations thanks to the excellent public transport connections.
  • Equipment: Choose between a MacBook Pro or Windows Laptop. Furthermore our office features the latest projectors, cameras, testing devices, monitors - you name it.
  • Fresh fruits, snacks and drinks: Enjoy fresh fruits, free coffee and a fully stocked fridge with cold Water, Juices, Coke, Club Mate, Beer etc. For the sweet-toothed we have snacks, chocolate and chips of course.
  • Epic company parties: Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer Party, Oktoberfest, Christmas Party.
  • Team events: We have regular Casual Fridays, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches, Company breakfasts and much more …
  • Team spirit: Beyond our amazing parties and company events, the team further organizes activities themselves such as playing soccer together, a cooking group, a Japanese learning group, and much more.

About SOFTGAMES

With offices in Berlin (HQ) and Toronto, SOFTGAMES is an instant gaming company. We develop casual, truly social games that can be played instantly across all devices. We partner closely with Facebook, Samsung and more to craft the next generation of instant games that billions of people can play together. To-date, more than 500 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Land, Solitaire Story Tripeaks, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.

At SOFTGAMES, we believe that different perspectives and background in our teams contribute to the quality of our work. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion / worldview, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.

Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Haha, good job, I remember we talked before 2 years ago.

I have 14+ years 2d game devlopment experience

Game client exp:

1. 10+ years flash 2d game.

2. 6+ years HTML5 2d game .

3. 2+ years unity 2d game.

Game server exp:

1. 5+ years php(Web)

2. 3+ years c# (Socket)

Facebook platform exp:

1. 2010-2015 Web game platform

2. 2018-2020 Instant game platform

But I used different html5 game engine(Laya box or Cocos Creator), I developed a tool to generate code for the game from UI editor, this makes it easier to make games

This is my last Html5 game:

This is the game I am developing recently, unity