Handle Cache Limit with Large Assets?

away168

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask does anyone here has a game/performed a test for apps/games with large size in multiple browsers? like around 100 MB size in total (images, sounds, videos, etc.). I want to perform a test due to browser cache and Application Cache Manifest, but if you guys can share any experience, it will save my time by a lot.

My next games require more stuff to add, but I am expecting that users not to load them again unless it is new (offline/cached). I probably misunderstood on how it works so if you have a thorough explanation it would be great as well (Like webkit, it has temporary, persistent, and unlimited storage, sadly it is only webkit and probably just desktop).

It doesn't matter on how the assets are loaded (full load, partial load, or streaming), I just need to know how big does a browser can handle at a time, knowing that each browser is different, and especially mobile has special cases on this except for Android mobile.

The main issue is I need my game that requires large assets run in mobile browser, say Safari mobile. I don't want to get into the dev of that game unless I am sure that it is feasible with HTML5.

Thanks. :)