HTML5 games for desktop

sandy234

This is not true ezelia you can put ads on top or bottom of your game you dont get ban. I had my ad displayed on top of screen and most games do have their ads displayed on one of the corners of screen. If you had to maintain 150px space then ads will interfere with gameplay.

Back to my question so currently it seems there is no ad providers? I did contact ad4games and they said they dont provide it?

@Sandy234 I get the information from official source (AdSense blog ) : http://adsense.blogspot.fr/2010/10/avoiding-accidental-clicks-pt-1-keeping.html

and I know two people who get banned for that.

Adsense is not cleare about the space between ads and game, if it's 150px between the banner and the game ? or between the banner and the nearest clickable area.

anyway, I'm not risking my AdSense account for some cents :)

Yh, that is what google say, but booster for example use google ads, so how are they getting away with it, any input here Elle? :)

But yh, no one wants to get banned of course, but it defiantly isn't for a few cents, i switched over to use 100% booster ad code recently, before that though, we had just one game out with them using our ad code and our game was earning on average £40 per day, so do the math and it works out a fairly decent amount of money. But is google just being google, not got things explained properly and adsense not having any human contact is just a pain in the arse as can't ask anyone about HTML5 games specifically.

some big advertisers have special contracts with Google Adsense, it's the case for exemple if you want to distribute a browser bar with a custom search showing Adsense ads with the results.

If you do it you get banned, but some big publishers have the right to provide custom search with Adsense included to browser toolbars.

(Sorry for the double post)

@TrueValhalla: I just checked your income report (for May 2013), and I was wondering : since Leadbolt doesn't seem to generate as much money as Google Adsense, why not take the risk of being banned, and make the most of it as long as possible?

Even if there is a potential loss of money, is this loss really comparable with what will be generated before the ban?

I know there are many factors which have an impact on the numbers, and that I cannot really compare your numbers with mine, but I have to do with what you give us (I have to admit that I haven't read the article, only jumped to the numbers).

@TrueValhalla, since you keep your distance from publishers with revenue shares do you avoid BoosterMedia too?

it would interest me what CPM AdSense provide. any numbers here?

@remvst, since i also found some articles about AdSense bans it might not the best bid to choose AdSense

there are some rumors that AdSense cant be used in games and blablabla, but according to the info i found the bans was mostly caused do to high traffic and google probably thinks this is due to a bot or something cause the sites itself wasnt that big

so if you host your game on some portals that might deliver really high traffic to your game it is indeed possible that you get banned in no time, wich also means that the whole money you earned with this traffic is lost

its like playing with shares, no risk no fun~

it would interest me what CPM AdSense provide. any numbers here?

It depends on the banners, bu I think I can safely say that it's about 5€ (maybe a few cents less).

Of course these are my numbers, I don't even know if they are good or bad.

It depends on the banners, bu I think I can safely say that it's about 5€ (maybe a few cents less).

Of course these are my numbers, I don't even know if they are good or bad.

That sounds about right i think, from my numbers as well, from what i have seen, trying both leadbolt and adsense out, adsense leaves leadbolt earnings trailing in the dust!

That being said, adsense does ban you and i think its more for the reason @Daikrys said than anything else. But the main publishers with rev share, which is pretty much booster, i think its best to just put there ads in and get the reports from there, from my first month doing so, with just one game (2 more are being released today) i have seen earnings which are basically the same as when i had my own adsense ads showing and i have no risk now, so its win win i think.