Popping Pals - Chain Reaction Game

postepenno

I've done till level 21, what I dont like about this game, is that there is no need of finishing the level the first time, so you can click the wrong "pal", and try next time if you fail. You shoudl add a star system or something, or poings if you try the level like 4 times, that means that you try to click all the "pals" before thinking.

Thanks, gikdew, for the feedback!

Yeah, this game is based on trial and error. In my opinion (based on my obserations on players' playing the game) it's not always easy to find a right smiley to tap even after couple of tries. But overall I agree that the game is too easy, it should have more tough levels I guess.

i like this game played to the finish of the game ;) was fun, i would like to see the spike things go up a bit faster but thats just me, and also make a hardcore mode maybe?

cause i would like to have it a bit harder to complete. But i would give 9/10 for this game + 10/10 for the look and the game idea also the music i love that song!!!!!

9/10 = game if i get hardcore mode + more levels faster spikes than i would say 10/10.

10/10 = for the game idea style, graphics, background music, levels etc.

Good work all in all. hope too see more!

Thanks!

Like it! It's actually make me a bit nostalgic to my very first Flash games (Assault Carnvivale).

Like gikdew said above, there should be incentive in finishing the level in as few moves as possible (with no move limit), like rating on each level. Additional mode like Random Mode where the placement of Pals is randomized based on specific algorithm, or Infinite where there will be new Pals placed on the board each click, looks like will  be quite fun too :)

@learning: thanks for playing! Spikes' speed might be slow on some devices. For example, on iPhone4 spikes might move really slow. I tried to solve this problem, but havn't succeed yet :)

I agree that this game is pretty simple. This game is one of my first steps in HTML5 world and I tried to keep it simple :) Maybe I'll create a sequel with more levels, more characters and and tougher puzzles one day.

@turnA: Wow! Assault Carnvivale and Popping Pals have a lot in common! Yeah, I guess there is a lot of room for improvements. Three stars, new game modes, more levels, e.t.c. This game can be converted from a small 2-weeks project to a big 2-months game :)

Cool game idea and very professional looking, but I played through the game in one go. I think the difficulty could ramp up a little quicker. Also, maybe you could add some special pals for more variety. Like one that pops all on-screen pals of the same color. Or one that shoots a special spike that goes through an entire row. :D

But heavy canvas use makes it run noticably slow on HTC desire X + Chrome. Did you use any js libs or special tools? I mean, is it technically possible to publish it into play store?

@Mike: thanks! Level 26 is no brainer too. Tap, don't think! :)

@BdR: I guess it's technically possible to publish this game to play stores. As far as I know, CocoonJS or PhoneGap could help with this. But I havn't tried them yet.

@KKornushin: blocking message for landscape is a good idea, I'll add it with next update. Thanks for testing the game on iPod!