Problem mesh animation with a keyboard event

Zino54220

Hi gentlemen!  :)

I need your help again!

I would like play a mesh's animation with keyboard event. (I precise that the mesh is imported from Blender...)

If I press my keyboard touch one time, I have this :

post-6162-0-49277500-1397041054.gif

You can see that my (bad) animation is correctly played... It's cool)

But if I press in continue the touch, I have this : 

post-6162-0-16817300-1397041152.gif

You can see here that the animation is "stopped" and restart if I push off the touch (the touche is push off when the mouse cursor move on the seconde .gif)

So  you understand my problem! If I want translate a mesh and animate it in the same time (like to make a walk animation for example) I must repair this bug!  <_<

I use the window.addEventListener('keydown') and ('keyup') to manage keyboard. 

Here a example code :

// On push on a touch...window.addEventListener('keydown',function(event){if (event.keyCode == codeToucheAvance){     scene.beginAnimation(skeleton[0],80,100);     // Add true change nothing...}});// On push off a touch...window.addEventListener('keyup',function(event){if (event.keyCode == codeToucheAvance){     scene.stopAnimation();//This line in comment change nothing... }});

The animation begin in the keydown event because in the scene.registerBeforerender(), the animation plays only when I push off the keyboard touch...

Thanks you for your help!

Zino

var animationStated = false;

function startAnimation() {

if (!animationStarted) {

animationStarted = true;

scene.beginAnimation(skeleton[0],80,100);

}

}

Then run the function when you press the button and when the button is up set 'animationStarted' to 'false' there.

The solution is good in part Artem! (and don't worry, I saw the missing "r"  ;)

Now I would like this animation plays in continu while I press the key...

I add the parameter "true" in "scene.beginAnimation(skeleton[0],80,100,true)" but if the button is up, the animation continue to plays...

So I look to create a new function like yours, call "duringAnimation" for example and which reload the animation if it finished...

In your opinion, it's a good way or not?

Thanks your for your help!

You're welcome. I don't know, but I think anything is good enough if it works as you want in result :)

I'm a noob to programming, so I just tried to help and give an idea of how to do it (since I used quite the same logic for my own game).

I'd love to see how your thing will turn out.

Good luck, Zino54220! :)

So gentlement! 

I complete my post!

Thanks to Artem, the main problem (which was stay with the key pressed blocked the skeleton-animation) is resolved and to make a animation in continu (like to make a walk animation with an armature for an example...), I went in bad and complicate solution... <_<

And with this (very good) documentation :

http://doc.babylonjs.com/page.php?p=24646

I realised that I can simply make this :

// In the 'keydown' AddEventListener...if(!animationStarted){  scene.beginAnimation(skeletons[0], 45, 60,true,1.0,function(){animationStarted = false;});  animationStarted = true;}// In the 'keyup' AddEventListener...scene.stopAnimation(skeletons[0]);                                                     animationStarted = false;

And I have a little result like this :

post-6162-0-00579000-1397496211.gif

(Of course it's a test :P )

If I press the key in continu, the skeleton animation plays normaly from the beginning at the end and if I press the key many times, the skeleton animation do again from the beginning (like you can see in the middle of the gif's animation when I made many press on the key)  :) !

So thanks you Artem and believe in your project gentlemen!

Zino