Error: Phaser.Loader. Invalid XML given - Firefox

playh5

Thanks Rich! But its the same problem. Anyway I used spritesheet instead. I load the spritesheet and add player animation like this.

playerAnimation.animations.add('player_stance',[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23]);playerAnimation.animations.add('player_box',[24,25,26]);

The animation works fine in desktop browsers (chrome and firefox). in mobile browsers I tested the animation on chrome and opera but I see black image on mobile browser firefox. Any thoughts why the animation or sprite appears black on firefox browser?

In mobile chrome

Screenshot_2014-04-13-13-46-19.png

In mobile firefox

Screenshot_2014-04-13-15-41-31.png

Hi, yes I figured it out too. Also I figured that motion tweened movieclips inside movieclips rendered black in firefox (its happening to me I don't know with others). So what I did is instead of motion tween I converted to frame by frame animation then convert the movieclip to bitmap then break apart. This process although needs a bit of work, works for me. I hope it could help others who experience the same problem with firefox. What problem left is I made a splash screen for a sponsor, because of big sprite that covers the whole screen became black again. So I don't know what to say when I delivered the game to the sponsor.

My game is finished. Thanks Rich and to the html5gamedev community. I'll update this and post the link when I uploaded the game to my website.

Thanks once again!

I just beat the rabbit..

.. but don't you think this might inspire emotional conflict in the children learning math with it?

(You reward for getting an equation right is smacking a little fluffy pink rabbit in the head. ;) )

I just beat the rabbit..

.. but don't you think this might inspire emotional conflict in the children learning math with it?

(You reward for getting an equation right is smacking a little fluffy pink rabbit in the head. ;) )

I'm not sure. But the fast fps maybe wouldn't really notice boxing the rabbit.

• 1 year later...
Make sure the XML file is in UTF8 format, not UTF16 or whatever weird format Flash exports it as. Firefox can't seem to handle that, so re-encode it with any decent text editor.

Thanks, solved my Issue.

FYI: The Starling Atlas example xml is encoded with UTF-16, and doesn't work in Firefox.