Google Play Game Services (iOS, Android and _Web_)

tyson

Interesting. Thanks for the info :)

I wonder if portal owners allow games integrated with third party APIs (such as Google Play Game Service, Clay.io, etc) beyond the API they provide. Let's say a portal has an API that covers scores and leaderboards but no achievements. And let's say the developer wants to add achievements through third party APIs, will that mostly be possible?

@Soybean - most are fine with MochiMedia which offers similar features to Flash developers. If they're not okay with the login aspect, we support high scores without login (you can request their name on your own, then pass that along with the score), and data storage works without login as well (though it obviously works better with login, so it can persist across devices).

Hopefully what we're offering is more helpful to developers, but we're always looking to improve, so shoot me an email if there's anything we can do: [email protected]

I wonder if portal owners allow games integrated with third party APIs (such as Google Play Game Service, Clay.io, etc) beyond the API they provide. Let's say a portal has an API that covers scores and leaderboards but no achievements. And let's say the developer wants to add achievements through third party APIs, will that mostly be possible?

A partner recently told me to disable Clay.io's API for one of my games. Though, I'm not relying too much on it now. I provide my own achievement and stat systems, which I synchronize with Clay.io, so I still have all the features, except that the user won't get his achievements on his wall ;)