[WIP][Phaser]My first game

morpbz

Dont be silly, every game concept is worth the effort of finishing if its your creation and you find joy in creating it! Hell, you could just sit at home developing games only for your own joy, showing them to noone, and even that wouldnt be a wasted effort.

Back to your game, the idea is nice, lot of parts are missing what would make it a game, but that was expected, as its [WIP]. Go and finish it! You never know, maybe people would like to play it.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes I've noticed it is too difficult, especially in the mobile.

I'll make it progressively harder, with the first levels being much easier, and I'm working on making the controls easier.

As for the graphics/sound, I think I'll save it for after the controls are better.

Thank you all for the feedback  :)

Update:

I've remade the levels, now hopefully the level difficulty progression will make for a more clearer game.

Graphics slightly improved, but not much. since I'm not familiar with image editing gimp/inkscape/photoshop (nor do I have access to photoshop), I'm kinda just looking around in opengameart.

Sounds are the same deal, I'm still looking for good sounds that have creative commons.

I haven't improved the input system yet.

Any opinions/feedback/constructive criticism is welcome, good or bad.

:)

Almost ready to call it a completed game.

I added sounds, turns out it isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

Added limited fullscreen support, but it doesn't seem to work in ipad/android. So I will remove it and just scale to fit screen in android.

I still want to add obstacle graphics.

Also, if someone can tell me if I did the attribution page right or not, please do, as I am confused about exactly how to give proper credit.

All in all, I think I learned alot from it.

HTML5 has a long way to go.

Sound and fullscreen are more complicated than they need to be, especially on mobile.

Phaser simplifies things alot.

Get a local server, don't use file:// protocol to develop.