Chrome Store - best way to promote games

PrzemyslawSzczepaniak

Hello,

I was researching lately for effective way to promote games in Chrome Store. Of course usual methods like social media, blogs, etc would work. But apart from that. Do you have any good experiences in that area? Are there any other good ways to boost interest in your games?

I'd like to hear from you guys about it. Maybe you have something that may inspire :)?

I have read here - though I haven't tried this myself - that if you add some Chrome-specific features to your game, it's more likely to be featured in the chrome store.

The beauty of html5 games is that the same code works everywhere, but at the end of the day, the version that you upload to the chrome store is only going to be used in chrome.

So, in theory, if you add support for the fullscreen api, chrome web audio api, etc., and your game is good, it may be featured, which should help a lot.

I like because i think it is smaller than Chrome web store, i do not see stats (some bug) but in Opera i have 21 ratings and in chrome web store 0 but 40 users (game is published one month) ... I think Opera made me more traffic than Chrome Web store. 

And yea Mozzila market place = 0 game views and i do not know why... 

@Raiper34 - A bit off topic, but I think long-term the Firefox Marketplace is the most interesting of the ones mentioned here. Right now it's not going to really bring any traffic to your games - Word Wars is a featured game and is pretty far under 1,000 total installs. 

Long term however, the Firefox Marketplace is the equivalent of the iOS App Store and Google Play, only for Firefox OS (which is 100% HTML5). They'll be releasing it later this year, primarily to Latin American countries at first, and I think they have a shot at gaining a decent chunk of the market share by focusing on lower-income folks.

Thanks a lot guys. But I'd like to find out what can be the reason why you can't really make something to boost your game awareness in Chrome Store? Is it just like in app stores where someone (admin, management) chooses the games he likes, and developer can't do much about it, or it's just that simple HTML5 games are still in niche, and they just can't compete and have chance to be featured there?