How easy is it to start gaining revenue?

gurgy11

Can you recommend me some publishers for HTML5 games?
Kongregate? Miniclip?
How easy is it to start making a bit of money? Like $150 and over for example on my first game even though it isn't super good, but yet feasible?
Sorry for all of the questions,I'm a beginner.
Do you know of any tutorial series that are free, preferably a video as I am a visual learner? Can these games be put on an App Store on iOS or Android and make some sort of revenue (again over $150 in maybe a week or sooooo)
I am currently a little overwhelmed at the moment. I don't know what to do!

Thanks!!

How much experience do you have?

Sorry for all of the questions,I'm a beginner.

It was rather easy a while ago, but not anymore. Like TV said quality is key, usually that means good looks, but this days it also means sound and maybe music.

At 150 you might get away with less effort but some people around here wont like you much :)

It was rather easy a while ago, but not anymore. Like TV said quality is key, usually that means good looks, but this days it also means sound and maybe music.

At 150 you might get away with less effort but some people around here wont like you much :)

Why won't people around here like me much? Just a question as I am a little unsure....!

Your ability to generate income will depend on the quality of the games you make first and foremost. How much experience do you have?

I actually have like no experience but I REALLY want to learn, to gain experience. I am trying to get familiar with either Stencyl or Construct 2...

Any other suggestions for a complete noob?

Help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

Some people have claimed to make lots of money with pretty bad games, so even the quality doesn't matter that much sometimes.

If your main goal is money, I would recommend getting somebody to do really nice graphics for you so you would only have to care about a simple game mechanic.

If your main goal isn't money, then just have fun and try to make stuff that people enjoy playing.

Why won't people around here like me much? Just a question as I am a little unsure....!

The average lowest price by developers standards is 400. It seems to be a quiet universal rule. Of course, you do whatever you want with your games but then again you should be considerate of others while being a good sport about maintaining the market prices at a good level.

Is quiet a dilemma, really.

As for where to start, I started with Game Maker, but that was back in 2006. My advice would be, whatever you choose, stick to it, it is the only way to get good at it.

We do have a quality standard.  But as long as your game is original (not directly copied from a tutorial) and is fun and it's obvious you put time into it, you can make up to $200 up front through our current promotion: www.fgl.com/html5

The point of our system is actually to make you even more money, though.  We help sell licenses on your game as well as distribute it to mobile marketplaces and portals for you.

In exchange for commissions from Amazon/AppBackr/Samsung?

Yes, we take 30% of ongoing revenue, but we also work to market your games as well as make sure they monetize in the best way possible.  For example we have an ad system where we monitor cpms daily and switch out ad networks based on performance.  We also have deals with most marketplaces where we get special promotions.

Currently, for the $200 deal we're only asking for Amazon and Big Rebel distribution, but we still take games if you want to cover one or both on your own.  Licensing is still where most people are making money right now anyway.  Also, any deals we bring can always be turned down, so there's no risk to having games on our system (for example, lets say we do a deal with Apple for iOS and offer that as an option... we will send out a request to all devs to add their game and you can make a decision to take it or not).  That said, we'd probably roll new partners into our $200 offer, if we keep it going.

So, long story short, there's nothing to lose, only gain, but for the $200 advance we're asking to push the game through Amazon and Big Rebel.  If your game is already on Amazon, you can let us know and we may be able to still push it through us with some minor changes.  Depends on the game.