[Phaser + Android] ThumbFu, My first game release

Yman

This is my first complete game dev on any platform. Spent a good whole month making this.

The link to my game, (it is free to download, sorry for non Android users :( )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wyemun.thumbfu

Tools which I have used:

• Phaser IO game engine (2.0.5)
  • Crosswalk (v6, for Android port)
  • Google Play Games SDK
  • Google AdMobs SDK
  • Google Analytics SDK

I have tried both Cocoonjs and Crosswalk, generally Cocoonjs has better performance, but Crosswalk is good enough and provides more flexibility in comparison.

The HTML game is wrapped in a Crosswalk (https://crosswalk-project.org/), and I have written a few JavascriptInterface on the Java for the communication between the game and the native Android.

All the graphics, sounds and coding are done by me, so if you wish to discuss or know more bout it, feel free to do it here!

I will be glad to help to those who are trying to port their game on Android too!

2014-06-24-22-07-32.png

2014-06-24-22-08-33.png

I shall BEAT your score now!

Congrats on your first game, simple fun and really good art!

Highest score right now 95 : )

Not a big fan of the ad placement but its not the first game that places it there.

• 2 weeks later...
Cool effort, especially for a first game. :) However as an Android app it's a little slow and just too unresponsive to be playable on my phone. When I tap the screen there is a delay of only a few ms, but too much seeing it's an action game. Sometimes it doesn't register a tap at all and it's game over which makes it frustrating to play. 

Anyway, as for the gameplay it's pretty cool and I like the graphics. It's basically a rhythm game where you tap left and right. Maybe when you do an update or sequel, allow the player to tap in 4 directions instead of 2, so top left/right punch, lower left/right is kick or something like that..