Taking requests for pixel art

Evan Burchard

that's very kind of you for spending time on stranger request.

if interested please help me make some rpg icons. 

1) mouse tail

2) skin/fur (generic, can be mouse, bear, wolf... i don't mind to have each type 1 icon :-p )

3) animal bone (generic)

4) animal skull (generic)

5) animal eye balls (generic)

6) fang (generic)

7) internal organs (liver...)

8) animal meat

icon size: 32 x 32 pixel

and i like retro gameboy color scheme: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/72156.htm

thousand thanks

animal_parts.png

They are 16x16.  If you're going for internal organs, maybe you want a heart or intestines instead of a liver.  Those + the brain are, I would guess, the organs people can identify most easily by shape.  A liver looks like a slab of meat or in the case of this sprite (I kind of gave up) maybe a hat.  The eyes aren't together because they're disembodied anyways.

I used something close to the 4 colors from the image you linked to, but the colors for a game boy are actually a little greener than that according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_palettes#Original_Game_Boy

I'm going to take a break for a while.  It was fun, but I have some other things that I need to get back to.

@ldarren you should try out some of your ideas with pickle. It's the best thing I've found for small sprite work like this.  It's also free to try.  It doesn't take too much practice to get better with sprites, and it's kind of fun.  If you search for another sprite, and find something you like, you can use it as a model to make something similar.  I'd recommend three more resources.  People throw this blog around on this forum a lot, and the more I read it, the more I like it.  It's good for vector based stuff with inkscape, but also covers different shading techniques that are helpful for pixel art.  If you're looking for free art (check the licenses for commercial limitations/attribution requirements), opengameart is really great.  For connecting some of the shading techniques in the "2d game art for programmers" blog to pixel stuff, try some of these posts from deviant art: 1, 2, 3.

I'll go on another sprite making binge in a couple of weeks.  See you all there!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...