[Phaser] L'Abbaye des Morts

luceraproject

L’Abbaye des morts is a video game from the prolific @locomalito (website)  that we have ported to HTML5 + JS with the use of the Phaser framework.

abbaye-480x300.jpg

In this game you embody Jean Raymond, a monk of the order of the Cathars, persecuted by the Catholic Church for heresy by preaching about the poverty of Christ and a life without material aspirations.

This is a platform game where you must survive different rooms of an abandoned church, to solve the mystery that lies there.

The style of the original game is plain colors, very similar to the colors used in the old ZX Spectrum. But you can also switch to the 256 colors graphics on the main menu screen.

abbaye.gif

The game, which was originally developed under GameMaker, has been ported to HTML5 + JS trying to respect the original as much as possible.

Both source code and game resources are available in the github repository.

Used tools:

• As code editor Brackets has been used.
  • For the port the Phaser framework has been used.
  • The maps have been created using Tiled .
  • As image editor has been used Paint.NET.
Links:

This is SO good :) I read about your game in Retro Gamer magazine last month, so to see it in html5 is awesome. And to see it made in Phaser is just freaking awesome :)

I'm curious though, as you used GameMaker for the original, why not just export to html5 from there? (not that I am complaining of course :) )