Multi-Style text

Akis

Allo!

For a specific project, I needed to create a lot of multi-style text. And to be honest, it's just painful to do it manually every time. So I decided to create an object to do it for me, because I don't want to do it manually anymore :) This one calculates the position of each group of text automatically and will save me a lot of dev time now.

I called it "MultiStyleText" and the source code is available on github if you want: https://github.com/tleunen/pixi-multistyle-text

I'm pretty sure there are a few bugs in there, especially with styles using different font-size. But this is a start :)

I've released it as 0.1.0 because I'm not sure yet of the way to create it, with the 2 "styles" object. Feel free to suggest improvements on that!

I put an example using the same that Mat created for Pixi.Text and here is the result:

lQZeHZ1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

• 5 years later...

I am getting PIXI undefined in pixi-multistyle-text.m.js. I am developing in react.

←→1 of 2 errors on the page
Unhandled Rejection (ReferenceError): PIXI is not defined
node_modules/pixi-multistyle-text/dist/pixi-multistyle-text.m.js:340

how to add PIXI reference in the library ?

Edited by Nagaraju

If you use it through npm - then you have to do the same thing as for other pixiJS plugins: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-layers/#webpack-browserify-angular

import * as PIXI from "pixi.js";
window.PIXI = PIXI;
const { MultiStyleText } = require("pixi-multistyle-text");

The problem is that PixiJS is referenced globally in plugins and we really can't make it work through `import`s and at the same time generate typescript bindings and allow vanilla <script> usage. ES6 imports are hell for library+plugins architectures.

• 3 months later...

I am trying to use MultiStyleText through browser but I have difficulty building the js file from the source I downloaded on github. I admit I am not very familiar with npm, I have read a lot a documentation but somehow I can't seem to get my head around it. Il y run npm run build I get the following output and error. Thank you for your help.

> [email protected] build /Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master
> microbundle --name MultiStyleText

node-resolve: setting options.module is deprecated, please override options.mainFields instead
node-resolve: setting options.jsnext is deprecated, please override options.mainFields instead
node-resolve: setting options.module is deprecated, please override options.mainFields instead
node-resolve: setting options.jsnext is deprecated, please override options.mainFields instead
(rpt2 plugin) Error: src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:245:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.
  Types of property 'whiteSpace' are incompatible.
    Type 'string' is not assignable to type 'boolean'.

245  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
     	                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:256:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

256  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:267:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

267  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:395:29 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

395  	return new PIXI.TextStyle(style).toFontString();
     	                          ~~~~~
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:697:113 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

697  		this.context.fillStyle = ((this as unknown) as TextWithPrivateMembers)._generateFillStyle(new PIXI.TextStyle(style), [text]) as string | CanvasGradient;
     		                                                                                                             ~~~~~

Error: src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:245:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.
  Types of property 'whiteSpace' are incompatible.
    Type 'string' is not assignable to type 'boolean'.

245  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:256:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

256  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:267:57 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

267  	this.withPrivateMembers()._style = new PIXI.TextStyle(this.textStyles["default"]);
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:395:29 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

395  	return new PIXI.TextStyle(style).toFontString();
     	                          ~~~~~
src/pixi-multistyle-text.ts:697:113 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'TextStyleExtended' is not assignable to parameter of type '{ align?: string; breakWords?: boolean; dropShadow?: boolean; dropShadowAlpha?: number; dropShadowAngle?: number; dropShadowBlur?: number; dropShadowColor?: string | number; dropShadowDistance?: number; ... 20 more ...; wordWrapWidth?: number; }'.

697  		this.context.fillStyle = ((this as unknown) as TextWithPrivateMembers)._generateFillStyle(new PIXI.TextStyle(style), [text]) as string | CanvasGradient;
     		                                                                                                             ~~~~~

at error (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup/dist/rollup.js:3460:30)
    at Object.error (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup/dist/rollup.js:21251:17)
    at RollupContext.error (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:17186:30)
    at /Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:24940:19
    at arrayEach (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:532:11)
    at forEach (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:9360:14)
    at printDiagnostics (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:24916:5)
    at Object.transform (/Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup-plugin-typescript2/dist/rollup-plugin-typescript2.cjs.js:26582:17)
    at /Users/calpabia/Dropbox/CYOA/Golfe_CYOA/Tests/PIXI/___src/pixi-multistyle-text-master/node_modules/rollup/dist/rollup.js:20962:25

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] build: `microbundle --name MultiStyleText`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] build script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/calpabia/.npm/_logs/2020-05-26T10_11_02_623Z-debug.log

Edited by Iko