Character animation not playing in sandbox

union12

Hi David,

Got the animation running but the character rig is warped and stretched. Everything works fine in blender but not in babylon. In the log file there are warnings about Maximum # of influencers exceeded for a vertex, extras ignored. Is this what is causing the rig to not work correctly? Attached source files.

Thanks for your help!

post-12518-0-42893700-1421081125.jpg

TestApp.zip

Union, checking the files you provided tells me this came from Mixamo - all free stuff - both character (Carl) and the basic walk animation - so no issue there.

I gather that the the download from Mixamo was as a .dae file with the option not to include all the finger bones(20+?). This will run in Blender nicely but because of what seems the "4 influencers" issue does not work well in babylon.js

But I was able to make it work.

Carl

Here are the basic steps I took using Union's files:

1. Put the rigged figure into the "rest pose in Blender (Click on the armature then go to Armature Properties->Skeleton->Rest Pose.

2. Selected the "Carl" mesh and unparented it (ALT + P, then "Clear Parent"). The mesh flips over onto its back. So, rotate the mesh 90 degrees on the X-axis. The rig and mesh should be lined up.

2a. Apply the Rotation***

3. Selected the "Carl" mesh and deleted all the vertex groups.

4. Select the mesh and then the rig/armature then CTRL + P and select Automatic Weights.

Now export to a .babylon file. Seems to work fine.

I suspect that the mixamo weight painting , or the weight paint assignment through the .dae import may be having an impact on "4 influencers" issue. The steps1-4 above essentially remove that and reassign them using Blender's rigging system.

I have created a zip file with my .blend file, my .babylon file and the character texture.

You can find it here:

Carl.zip

My file also contains some other cleanup, but nothing relating to the character animation. I might lower the specular level as I don't think his jacket and pants are quite that shiny :o

cheers, gryff :)

EDIT: *** it is amazing what you do automatically :rolleyes: