Looking for freelance JavaScript game and app devs

Hi all,

We've got a bit of a work rush on at the moment, and are looking to bolster our team of freelancers with some new devs.

Right now we're in need of a good, solid JavaScript app developer, using requireJS and several custom libs. For this role specifically we need someone who is used to keeping a clean code-base. You'll understand the need to maintain tidy commented code, exposing and designing a sensible API, and be familiar with jsdoc, grunt and modern web standards.

We also need a freelance JavaScript game developer, ideally one very familiar with Phaser, to help with brand new game build projects. These come in a variety of formats, some full game, some banner ad sized games. You will be already familiar with preparing assets you're given to make them game ready. You'll instinctively understand how to add polish and flourishes to games, as well as make them fun to play.

Availability and communication is key, we need to know that if we book you for a 1 or 2 month project that you'd be available to work on it Monday to Friday every week, and available to talk to at any point during working hours. This sort of work doesn't lend itself well to part-time freelancers I'm afraid (i.e. those just working evenings), or those looking to multi-task themselves with other clients at the same time, as our projects are too demanding for that.

Remote working is fine, although you're welcome to work from our offices in the UK if you like.

If you're interested in either role, or you feel your services and skills would be useful to us, please email me with:

1) Examples of your code. This can be links to open source repos, games you've already made, or previous client work. We value tidy well structured code above and beyond smart tricks.
2) Also please send an expectation of your day rate (in your local currency).
3) If you're already busy working on other projects then let us know your estimated availability.

Interested? Please email [email protected] with the above details.

We're want to build personal relationships with professional developers, therefore absolutely NO AGENCIES. Agency emails will be flagged as spam in Gmail.

I would love to be a part of your team but I don't have an extensive portfolio wrt to game development. Here's a thought, how about running a competition instead; define its parameters and scope so that it mirrors a typical game project your company would handle. Then have interested parties have a go at, and following review offer those your think have talent a spot on your team. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was developed a host of interactive, child-friendly Bangla language apps for Android phones. The apps, linked to Bangla reading
competencies established by the Government of Bangladesh, cover a range of reading skills from helping students with standard pronunciation of Bangla phonemes to deciphering difficult vocabulary. Children in grades 1-3 can use the apps at their own pace starting and stopping as they need. Activities are designed to help children think logically and move away from rote memorization. For instance, if an
answer is wrong, the exercise re-shuffles and the child has to find answers from a new selection of possibilities.
 Platform: Android (Save The Children Bangladesh)
Link:
1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.readbangladesh.r
ead_1st
2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.readbangladesh.r
ead_2nd
3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.readbangladesh.r
ead_3rd
Client: Save the Children International and USAID

If u need more information about those game and platform knock me in my email [email protected] and viber: +8801674605165

• 4 weeks later...
  • rich unpinned this topic