[SOLVED] - U3D - BabylonJS Game Editor Toolkit

MackeyK24

7 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

I think so... Its the PR #1618... Should go thru soon :)

@MackeyK24 nice I will use the update button later from the Babylon unity tab  tool ,thanks @chloridrik,  I made a small menu for the API video so is easier to follow while the docs are ready

API-VIDEO

•	0:00 min	 Setting the babylo.js exporter tabs
•	12:00 min	 Create playground scene
•	17:00 min	 Building a Babylon component
•	18:30 min	 Audio, Flare, Particles components overview 
•	20:00 min	 Creating a Tester Class with the Babylon script component
•	22:00 min	 Mesh component explained
•	24:00 min	 How to create component type script and its GUI C# class back end
•	26:48 min	 Scene builder class get component property values explained
•	30:11 min	 inline JavaScript insertion 
•	33:10 min	 Mesh component script class
•	35:08 min	 Encapsulation
•	38:00 min	 Baking class component explained
•	39:30 min	 Unity game object layering and tagging system over view
•	41:00 min	 Metadata explained 
•	47:00 min	 MyRotateX script component class 
•	49:45 min	 Accessing components from another component 
•	54:30 min	 Creating scene controller 
•	60:30 min	 Accessing camera, Lights, mesh components
•	63:40 min	 Babylon  loader overview, scene manager components and objects 
•	66:25 min	 Unity game object
•	66:41 min	 Scene manager class explained
•	74:30 min	 GUI html markup  ‘hello world’

Yeah, now it's working, but to do that I duplicate the material of objects using backed lightmap and by doing that I duplicate drawcalls.

I don't know how it work on babylonjs but lightmap scale and offset should not be set by material. What do you think ?

babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.uScale = lightmapScaleOffset.x;
                    babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.vScale = lightmapScaleOffset.y;

babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.uOffset = lightmapScaleOffset.z;
                    babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.vOffset = lightmapScaleOffset.w;

Capture d’écran 2016-12-22 à 17.26.37.png
babylonjs on the left, and Unity3d on the right

7 hours ago, MrVR said:

nice I will use the update button later from the Babylon unity tab  tool ,thanks @chloridrik,  I made a small menu for the API video so is easier to follow while the docs are ready

You need the full C# Unity package... The update button is only for the javascript libraries ... The actual plugin code is in the 'Source' folder... Or you can just get and re-import the U3D - BabylonJS Editor Toolkit Package

16 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

You need the full C# Unity package... The update button is only for the javascript libraries ... The actual plugin code is in the 'Source' folder... Or you can just get and re-import the U3D - BabylonJS Editor Toolkit Package

Ok I see @MackeyK24 hey check this video we should create some PBR Shaders for an scene like this what do you think @chloridrik

On 23.12.2016 at 7:21 PM, MrVR said:

Ok I see @MackeyK24 hey check this video we should create some PBR Shaders for an scene like this what do you think @chloridrik

I write some custom shaders with content for Unity VR mobile projects and in this week I dive to Babylon migration on WebVR. This toolset is amazing!
So I not using any lighting enough. All lightmaps is baking in Unity (or any other editor) from self illuminated materials with light color texture. It's needed secondary UV set in shader for lightmap texture. Two UV sets is nesessary for custom lightmaping. After this I conect to shader vertex color set, matcaps, blend them together, etc. Even PBR channels from metal/rough textures I use like masks for matcaps & cubemaps blending. It's optimal for crossusing mobile and PC WebVR 3D content.

On 12/22/2016 at 6:32 AM, chloridrik said:

Yeah, now it's working, but to do that I duplicate the material of objects using backed lightmap and by doing that I duplicate drawcalls.

I don't know how it work on babylonjs but lightmap scale and offset should not be set by material. What do you think ?

babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.uScale = lightmapScaleOffset.x;
                    babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.vScale = lightmapScaleOffset.y;

babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.uOffset = lightmapScaleOffset.z;
                    babylonPbrMaterial.lightmapTexture.vOffset = lightmapScaleOffset.w;

Capture d’écran 2016-12-22 à 17.26.37.png
babylonjs on the left, and Unity3d on the right

@chloridrik Concerning your message:

I know what is the problem of this scene : 
http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/26348-u3d-babylonjs-game-editor-toolkit/?do=findComment&comment=156228

It's because this scene use multi-material + lightmap. For the moment I don't know how to solve it. Do you have an idea ?

We are probably going to have to get @Sebavan involved here. To see how in BabylonJS we are going to handle more than one mesh using the same material with lightmaps. (I haven't got that far with a project that uses multi-materials WITH lightmaps... not yet).

I am still going thru the basics of the smaller tutorials... Working out how we would handle some the actual gaming concepts that you will encounter when creating your babylon game... Unity Style.

I actually went back thru and re-vamped Shader Usage and created BabylonJS PBR Material Shaders that have Inspector support for some useful PBR material settings when using the Unity "Standard and Specular Shaders"... Thing like Roughness, DisableLighting and UseEmissveAsIllumination"

So far i am creating everything from scratch so i have not had to make use of an existing Fully Lit Unity Scene and try and convert that ONE step directly to BabylonJS. I'm pretty sure it can be done. Either in the Exporter Code... OR setting some sort of metadata and handle it in the SceneManager "Parsing" routines.

But again... We are gonna need a MORE experienced BabylonJS people like @Deltakosh or most like @Sebavan (Or the many other real babylonjs guys in these forums) to help us out here.

24 minutes ago, MackeyK24 said:

@chloridrik Concerning your message:

I know what is the problem of this scene : 
http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/26348-u3d-babylonjs-game-editor-toolkit/?do=findComment&comment=156228

It's because this scene use multi-material + lightmap. For the moment I don't know how to solve it. Do you have an idea ?

We are probably going to have to get @Sebavan involved here. To see how in BabylonJS we are going to handle more than one mesh using the same material with lightmaps. (I haven't got that far with a project that uses multi-materials WITH lightmaps... not yet).

I am still going thru the basics of the smaller tutorials... Working out how we would handle some the actual gaming concepts that you will encounter when creating your babylon game... Unity Style.

I actually went back thru and re-vamped Shader Usage and created BabylonJS PBR Material Shaders that have Inspector support for some useful PBR material settings when using the Unity "Standard and Specular Shaders"... Thing like Roughness, DisableLighting and UseEmissveAsIllumination"

So far i am creating everything from scratch so i have not had to make use of an existing Fully Lit Unity Scene and try and convert that ONE step directly to BabylonJS. I'm pretty sure it can be done. Either in the Exporter Code... OR setting some sort of metadata and handle it in the SceneManager "Parsing" routines.

But again... We are gonna need a MORE experienced BabylonJS people like @Deltakosh or most like @Sebavan (Or the many other real babylonjs guys in these forums) to help us out here.

HI @MackeyK24 I Im working with a terrain and a ship and they are going trough each other, can you please explain how to make them collide so my ship goes on the surface of my terrain?

Thank you..

TERRAIN SETUP

collition.PNG

BOAT SETUP

collition2.PNG

Hey @MrVR ... Hows it going :)

Regarding the pictures you posted above... It important to remember w are really making BABYLON scenes. We try and take AS MUCH info we can off the Unity Components we need to implement our scenes in babylon. With that being said, i think we ONLY actually use a FEW native unity components (besides the game object itself).

1... Colliders (All six... BOX - SPHERE - CAPSULE - WHEEL - MESH - TERRAIN)

2... Navigation (Nav Mesh Agent - Off Mesh Link - Nav Mesh Obstacle ) Metadata

All other supported components are in the BabylonJS section (Shadow Bake, Lens Flare and so on...)

ANY OTHER UNITY COMPONENT WIL HAVE NO EFFECT IN BABYLON JS SCENE. (unless you create new functionality and your script components of course)

So... First thing... Get rid of Rigidbody (that is a unity component)... IF and ONLY IF you NEED physics (you need to move and react to "sudo" real world forces) you would use a Physics State component (Which just enables the native babylon SetPhysicsState functionality)

Second... On the terrain... Get rid of the SECONDARY physics state component... The terrain has 'Ground Physics State' properties on it. ALSO... I don't see you have a material assign to the terrain for babylonjs (the textures you set in the terrain textures area WILL NOT be applied to the BJS scene... that is what the surface material is for)

Third... As far as your boat and mixing with the terrain... (This one may get long winded):

Babylon JS employs THREE types of 'collisions' (well 2 collision types and 1 intersection type).

1... Camera Collisions

2... Physics Collisions

3... Mesh Intersections (Commonly referred to as mesh collisions in other engines)

THESE THERE SYSTEM ARE TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER

Camera Collisions... WHICH NEED A COLLIDER (if you do not create a separate collider and you set mesh.checkCollisions the actual mesh will be used) uses a very simple "Collision" algorithm to keep you from WALKING THRU OBJECT (like walls) and FALLING thru the ground. YOU WANNA KEEP THOSE AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE... TRY TO NEVER USE the actual mesh for the collision... A BOX COLLIDER WOULD BE BEST.. Then sphere, then capsule... IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO USE A MESH COLLIDER... MAKE A VERY VERY VERY SIMPLE version of the mesh and use the mesh collider component. But really if its just camera (or mesh intersection) try and use one of the simple colliders.

Physics Collisions (WHICH YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE ACTUAL COLLIDER... FROM WHAT I CAN TELL) is a totally separate collider (IMPOSTER) that you would use to MOVE you mesh (or react to forces) using real world physics ... ALSO TRY TO USE THE SIMPLE IMPOSTERS (i don't know of a way to provide a simple mesh for an imposter... maybe make the SIMPLE MESH the parent and not visible and make the detail mesh the child... Move the simple mesh with physics and the detail mesh will go along as the child)

Mesh Intersections... which is JUST used to detect that a mesh is actually colliding (intersecting) with another mesh... AGAIN this should use a simple Collider as well... preferably the BOX, then SPHERE then capsule... Just remember... If you can get away with a simple box to "FILL" or "COVER" the area that is your mesh... and to say whether or not is it colliding with another... You should not need toooooo much mesh mesh detail to say "You entered an area or you picked up an item... You See what I'm saying...  (I am going to make another video called Collisions Redux... Ill will go over the DETAILS of all the collision systems)

I see you have ALOT of physics components... Do you really need to move your boat around with Physics... If so... Try and use BOX imposters (or other simple... NOT MESH IMPOSTER)... The BOX imposter might "SIT" better on top of your terrain.

Another options is to use the COMPONENT COLLIDERS... The whole point i put ALL that GIZMO support on the colliders is so you can create separate in-expensive colliders that can be offset and its size adjusted (USE A BOX AND INFLATE TO COVER MESH...OR OFFSET A LITTLE DOWNWARDS).

ANYWAYS... TO summarize ... TRY TO ALWAYS USE SEPARATE AND VERY SIMPLE COLLIDERS FOR EVERYTHING... Camera Collision , Physics Collisions and Mesh Intersections... If you gotta use an actual mesh... MAKE IT A VERY SIMPLE VERSION of that mesh... BUT FOR WEBGL... A SIMPLE BOX COLLIDER IS KING (as far as FPS performance is concerned... When SIMPLER THE COLLIDER.. THE BETTER)

Im just getting back from Christmas stuff... Tomorrow i can go into a little better... Maybe make a video...

If you got some kind of drop box or something i can download from... ONE THE THE GREATEST features of Using the BabylonJS Toolkit for Unity... IS YOU CAN MAKE AND USE PACKAGES... If you want... PACKAGE the WHOLE project (and send me a link in private message)... I can get it and we can both take look at it and maybe even do a GOTOMEETING and see if we can't work things out :)

3 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

Hey @MrVR ... Hows it going :)

Regarding the pictures you posted above... It important to remember w are really making BABYLON scenes. We try and take AS MUCH info we can off the Unity Components we need to implement our scenes in babylon. With that being said, i think we ONLY actually use a FEW native unity components (besides the game object itself).

1... Colliders (All six... BOX - SPHERE - CAPSULE - WHEEL - MESH - TERRAIN)

2... Navigation (Nav Mesh Agent - Off Mesh Link - Nav Mesh Obstacle ) Metadata

All other supported components are in the BabylonJS section (Shadow Bake, Lens Flare and so on...)

Hi @MackeyK24 I hope you had a great Christmas.. OK, I will check on these 3 types of collision, I just want to put it all together with particles and some other features I build in other scenes. then I will send you the link to download package. 

thanks 

On 12/24/2016 at 8:52 PM, TonikCG said:

I write some custom shaders with content for Unity VR mobile projects and in this week I dive to Babylon migration on WebVR. This toolset is amazing!
So I not using any lighting enough. All lightmaps is baking in Unity (or any other editor) from self illuminated materials with light color texture. It's needed secondary UV set in shader for lightmap texture. Two UV sets is nesessary for custom lightmaping. After this I conect to shader vertex color set, matcaps, blend them together, etc. Even PBR channels from metal/rough textures I use like masks for matcaps & cubemaps blending. It's optimal for crossusing mobile and PC WebVR 3D content.

Hey @TonikCG let me know how it goes with the shader, I will tray to use this later, for now I'm testing the other features 

44 minutes ago, MrVR said:

Hey @TonikCG let me know how it goes with the shader, I will tray to use this later, for now I'm testing the other features 

So... I actualy can't ctart any scene with Babylon- Unity toolkit. It,s not simply how I think before (or I stupid dude). I try to provide second UV set in shader, but it's again without result. Shader from toolset look like purple in scene view.

4 minutes ago, TonikCG said:

So... I actualy can't ctart any scene with Babylon- Unity toolkit. It,s not simply how I think before (or I stupid dude). I try to provide second UV set in shader, but it's again without result. Shader from toolset look like purple in scene view.

Hi @TonikCG did you try the way @MackeyK24 does it on the VIDEO-LINK minute 16 ? check when he creates the amiga shader .. I hope this helps, I'm currently texting the baking with simple mesh (cube planes.. ) the I will do it for bigger scenes and report my findings.

Hi @MackeyK24

Toolset is looks great, but I can't start any scene with result. I start use VSCode like in video, and instal NodeJS & Node module for Typescript exactly like in exporter window fields (It's necessary?). I have no result with cam interactive and cube rotation, but have some errors. Where could I go wrong?

errors_001.jpg

errors_002.jpg

errors_003.jpg

6 minutes ago, TonikCG said:

Hi @MackeyK24

Toolset is looks great, but I can't start any scene with result. I start use VSCode like in video, and instal NodeJS & Node module for Typescript exactly like in exporter window fields (It's necessary?). I have no result with cam interactive and cube rotation, but have some errors. Where could I go wrong?

errors_001.jpg

errors_002.jpg

errors_003.jpg

DO it like I do, just start a regular project then import a new custom package 

assetsLoad.JPG

FROM a new exporter unity package I download all babylonjs git hub then I load the package , then  will import it all then you can follow the first video let me know if that helps 

pathnitytoolkit.JPG

7 minutes ago, MrVR said:

Hi @TonikCG did you try the way @MackeyK24 does it on the VIDEO-LINK minute 16 ? check when he creates the amiga shader .. I hope this helps, I'm currently texting the baking with simple mesh (cube planes.. ) the I will do it for bigger scenes and report my findings.

Yes, using amiga.template shader. I belive, secondary UV is must provide in attributes: ["position", "normal", "uv"], but uv0, uv1, uv2 is not using in babylon may be.

15 minutes ago, TonikCG said:

Yes, using amiga.template shader. I belive, secondary UV is must provide in attributes: ["position", "normal", "uv"], but uv0, uv1, uv2 is not using in babylon may be.

@TonikCG Let me try myself later or tomorrow I'm not sure what is going on with that, I get back  to you later , I'm almost done with the baking playing with all settings, Im doing many different baking with many lights so see the differences below some screen shots ..

so far I use one light source then I disable the baking, then I change the color of the directional light , then with directional and spot light together, the frame rate is very low I wonder why.

baked.JPG

Two spot lights baked

twoSpotlights.JPG

1 hour ago, TonikCG said:

Hey @TonikCG check your TSC path I think you have it wrong one by default,  that is maybe why the tsc compiler is not compiling the typescript

here is my root path to the tsc compiler I have Windows 10 just in case you are in Linux or mac the path slash is the opposite 

Also dont forget to set up the empty game object as your scene controller(see in video )and add the SceneController component to hook all the TS code 

TSC : C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\typescript\bin\tsc

NODE: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe

exporter.JPG

Hi @MackeyK24 I was trying to use the shader program but i get this error and I can not find my shader under the babylon menu, please let me know what Im doing wrong 

shaderError.JPG

Shader "BabylonJS/myShader" {
	Properties {
		_Color ("Color", Color) = (1,1,1,1)
		_Brightness ("Intensity", Range(1.0, 10.0)) = 1.0
		[NoScaleOffset] _MainTex ("Albedo (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
		_ScaleX ("Scale Factor X", Range (0.0, 10.0)) = 1.0
		_ScaleY ("Scale Factor Y", Range (0.0, 10.0)) = 1.0
		_Metallic ("Metallic", Range(0,1)) = 0.0
		_Glossiness ("Smoothness", Range(0,1)) = 0.5
		[ToggleOff] _NeedsAlphaTesting ("Needs Alpha Testing", Int) = 0
		[ToggleOff] _NeedsAlphaBlending ("Needs Alpha Blending", Int) = 0
		[Enum(Disable,0,Additive,1,Combine,2,Subtract,3,Multiply,4,Maximized,5,OneOne,6)] _AlphaMode ("Alpha Blending Mode", int) = 2
	}
	SubShader {
		Tags { "RenderType"="Opaque" }
		Pass {
			CGPROGRAM

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
			// BABYLON WEBGL RUNTIME SHADER PROGRAM SECTIONS (GLSL) //
			//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#ifdef BABYLON
			attributes: ["position", "normal", "uv"]
			uniforms: ["worldViewProjection, _Color, _Brightness, _Glossiness, _Metallic, _ScaleX, _ScaleY"]
			samplers: []
			defines: []
			#endif //BABYLON-END

#ifdef VERTEX
			attribute vec3 position;
			attribute vec3 normal;
			attribute vec2 uv;
			uniform mat4 worldViewProjection;
			precision highp float;

varying vec2 vUV;

void main(void)
			{
				gl_Position = worldViewProjection * vec4(position, 1.0);
				vUV = uv;
			}
			#endif //VERTEX-END

#ifdef FRAGMENT
			precision highp float;

varying vec2 vUV;
			uniform vec4 _Color;
			uniform float _Brightness;
			uniform float _Glossiness;
			uniform float _Metallic;
			uniform float _ScaleX;
			uniform float _ScaleY;
			uniform sampler2D _MainTex;

void main(void)
			{
				gl_FragColor = texture2D(_MainTex, vec2(vUV.x * _ScaleX, vUV.y * _ScaleY)) * _Color * _Brightness;
			}
			#endif //FRAGMENT-END 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
			// DEFAULT UNITY EDITOR SHADER PROGRAM SECTION (HLSL) //
			////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#pragma exclude_renderers d3d11 xbox360 gles
			#pragma surface surf Standard fullforwardshadows
			#pragma target 3.0
			sampler2D _MainTex;
			struct Input {
				float2 uv_MainTex;
			};
			half _Brightness;
			half _Glossiness;
			half _Metallic;
			half _ScaleX;
			half _ScaleY;
			fixed4 _Color;
			void surf (Input IN, inout SurfaceOutputStandard o) {
				// Albedo comes from a texture tinted by color
				float2 vUV = IN.uv_MainTex;
				fixed4 c = tex2D (_MainTex, float2(vUV.x * _ScaleX, vUV.y * _ScaleY)) * _Color * _Brightness;
				o.Albedo = c.rgb;
				// Metallic and smoothness come from slider variables
				o.Metallic = _Metallic;
				o.Smoothness = _Glossiness;
				o.Alpha = c.a;
			}

ENDCG
		}
	}
	FallBack "Diffuse"
}

@MrVR  Thanks for path explanation! Now compile correctly? but something is wrong still. I must repear step by step tutorial from video to find my mistakes.

With shader error... Just remove Pass{} from new template shader.
Wow! It's two new PBR inside! It's for bake?

For GLSL We have a lot of restrictions with it. Not using includes, and shader structure diferent from HLSL a litle bit. I not so advanced in GLSL.

In babylon view it's looks good, but unity does not see surface shader part.

errors_004.jpg

21 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

Hey Guys... So howz it going with your projects???

Did you ever get up and running ???

Hi @MackeyK24 I'm having a weird behavior today, my animations dont work only when I resize the chrome browser I can see the flare system and the animation running other wise is stuck in the same frame here is a VIDEO showing what I mean

UPDATE (I think is the my chrome browser I TEST the scene in internet explorer edge and it works perfect please let me know if it works  on your chrome browser I try two different computers and still in one frame)

for now using IE edge for testing instead chrome here is my version 

ChromeVersion.JPG

When adding a particles system I get this error sometimes and its so annoying, my work around its to change the flare image sometimes it works sometimes I get the error and I have to change image and deploy again

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "Assets/Materials/Textures/Flares/Elements/Light_Pair.png" or "C:/Users/cvega.BI/Desktop/MACKEY24/SHADER/SHADER/Project/Scenes\Light_Pair.png" is denied.
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:124)
BabylonExport.Entities.BabylonScene.AddTexture (System.String texture)
Unity3D2Babylon.SceneBuilder.CopyTexture (System.String texturePath, UnityEngine.Texture2D texture2D, BabylonExport.Entities.BabylonTexture babylonTexture, Boolean isLightmap) (at Assets/Babylon/Source/SceneBuilder.Materials.cs:274)
Unity3D2Babylon.SceneBuilder.ParseParticleSystems (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.String emitterId, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& particles) (at Assets/Babylon/Source/SceneBuilder.cs:888)
Unity3D2Babylon.SceneBuilder.ConvertUnityMeshToBabylon (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh, UnityEngine.Transform transform, UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, Single progress, UnityEditor.UnityMetaData& metaData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& particleSystems, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& lensFlares, System.String& componentTags, BabylonExport.Entities.BabylonMesh collisionMesh, UnityEngine.Collider collider) (at Assets/Babylon/Source/SceneBuilder.Meshes.cs:371)
Unity3D2Babylon.SceneBuilder.ConvertFromUnity () (at Assets/Babylon/Source/SceneBuilder.cs:604)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Unity3D2Babylon.SceneBuilder:ConvertFromUnity() (at Assets/Babylon/Source/SceneBuilder.cs:813)
Unity3D2Babylon.ExporterWindow:Export(Boolean) (at Assets/Babylon/Source/ExporterWindow.cs:747)
Unity3D2Babylon.ExporterWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Babylon/Source/ExporterWindow.cs:584)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

errorChangnFlareImage.JPG 

ON THE SHADER REPORT  

I remove the pass{} from the shader and it works but when I try to do a different one I dont get the results expected here is the result with the original program; so far I was able to 

// so far i was able to replicate the black and white, phong, discard, cell shader, spherical reflection, fresnel and the wavesahder  which its not updating or waving here is a link with all shaders code

ShaderProgram.JPG

below fresnel, spherical reflection and wave shaders applied 

shaders.JPG

Edited by MrVR