Run Astro Run - My first HTML5 game

RedWitchGames

Hello,

I would like to show you my first html5 game that I created with Construct 2: RUN ASTRO RUN

The game has 15 levels, can be played both on desktop than on mobile and works both in LANDSCAPE and PORTRAIT mode.

Here is the link to the page of my website where you can play the game:
https://www.redwitchgames.com/run-astro-run/

I would really appreciate if you try it and say to me what do you think and how can I make it better for the future...

Thank you,
Antonio
RedWitchGames.com

GAME DESCRIPTION

How much far Astro can run? In this action game that puts to test your gamer skills you have to help Astro The Alien to run away from the evil Red. Jump from asteroid to asteroid but beware of the hot ones! Time accurately your jumps on the pulsating ones! Avoid the burning comets! Be fast or the evil Red will catch you! Reach your trusty space ship and fly away! Freedom is just over the corner...

GAME INSTRUCTIONS

Jump from asteroid to asteroid doing single or double jumps. Avoid landing on the hot asteroids or you will be instantly burned. Time accurately your jump on the pulsating ones so that you will step on them only when they are cold. Jump over the burning comets or you will get blasted. Try to be fast or the red ufo will capture you. Your main goal is to reach the spaceship parked at the end of each level and fly away.

DESKTOP: Press the Z and X keys to make the alien do a short or long jump respectively.
MOBILE/TABLET: Touch the two icons on the left and right sides of the screen to make the alien do a short or long jump respectively.

screenshot_1280x720.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of my game RUN ASTRO RUN.

Here is the link to the page of my website where you can play the game:
https://www.redwitchgames.com/run-astro-run/

In this version I changed the keys for moving the character on PC/MAC from Z and Y to the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys because, thanks to *losthope*, I discovered that in some countries, for instance in Germany, they are put on the keyboard far from each other.

I changed too the instructions screen, using pictures and symbols instead of words so that the game is more friendly for the non-english speaking countries.

Another big change that I made to the game is adding a life system so that for the player is more feasible to play all the levels in a single game without that the score is resetted to zero for a game over.

I also made various tweaks to the levels for making them more enjoyable to play...

Beside this, I fixed minor bugs and I improved the engine of the game, correcting some glitches that were happening in some situations.

I would really appreciate if you try it and say me what do you think and how can I make it better for the future...

Thank you,
Antonio
RedWitchGames.com

run-astro-run-1920x1080b.png

new_instructions_b.png

1 hour ago, Umz said:

Seems to be a slight delay for jumping. May be the animation or something but it does feel like it drags a little, sometimes I need to press jump twice.
Other than that, really quite simple and fun,

Thank you for your feedback. I will surely check on this.

4 hours ago, Krisztian Varga said:

Addictive! ..the only thing I would mention is that the adds interrupt the game, would be nicer to show them at the end of the level or something. 

Thank you for trying the game. I am happy that you like it... ?

Feedback noted, I will check it...